Monday, February 8

Movie Score

I acquired a new movie score today.  Well, new to me.  I've wanted this one for a LONG time.  And today - - I finally got it.

It is Unfaithful.  The music from this movie is just beautiful.  I've listened to the whole thing once already.  I predict it will be my bedtime music as well.  As dark as this movie was - - you know, the unfaithfulness - - I find this music quite soothing.  I was in kind of a dark place today and this music has been incredibly comforting.  Weird, I know.

5 comments:

Traci B said...

You are seriously in my head. I've owned that soundtrack for about 4 years, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. So peaceful and haunting, but in a good way. In fact, I use it when I write, because it's so mellow. Another great (but out-of-print) soundtrack is "Still Breathing" (a quirky Brendan Fraser movie from the 90's). I'm the Queen of Movie Scores. LOVE. THEM.

Traci B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci B said...

oops - sorry - the link wasn't working in my last post - trying again...

BTW, other favorites when I write: Little Women, Sense & Sensibility, Emma, One True Thing (super-sad movie, but AWESOME soundtrack), How to Make an American Quilt.

Have you heard the New Moon instrumental album? Gor.geous.

linkage - http://www.myspace.com/thetwilightsaga1901
(click "New Moon: The Meadow")

I'll shut up now. ;-)

~becky said...

I have both the New Moon and Twilight scores. I love them BOTH. While I enjoy soundtracks, I love scores. Because the aren't distracting. They are usually mellow. I need to check out some of the others you've recommended.

I also really enjoy Backdraft, Legends of the Fall, The Notebook, Pearl Harbor and Titanic. A couple of those don't work well with writing. Just for chilling while looking at a magazine.

Shawna said...

Sounds like I need to really seriously check out the New Moon score. You've been telling me about it and I've not had a change to just sit and listen to it. I'm going to do that right now.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...