Saturday, February 13

Best Birthday. Ever.

I think I'm extra emotional because of the meds.  So excuse the sappy-ness of this post ahead of time.

I have the BEST family and friends.  Hands down.

My day started out at 7:00 this morning.  Really, a little earlier when Justin came and got in bed with me.  I think that was around 5ish.  David has let me sleep by myself.  If he sleeps with the kids, it keeps them out of our bed and he's been afraid that they'd try to climb in our bed and hit my foot.  (Isn't he sweet?)  Anyway, Justin came in early this morning and snagged David's side of the bed.  I'd been telling the boys, all day yesterday, that my birthday was today and I needed them to wake me up singing to me.  Justin did not disappoint.  At 7:00 - - I hear the soft singing of Happy Birthday.  My heart melted.

The rest of the day was more of the same.  Cameron has given me about a bazillion birthday kisses.  They have treated me like a total princess.  And I've loved every minute of it.

David grilled rib eye and shrimp for me.  He also made baked potatoes.  It was so yummy.  He and Cameron made me a spice cake with cream cheese frosting.  So good!  They put some candles on the cake and sang happy birthday to me again.  I closed my eyes to make a wish.  I didn't have one.  I couldn't wish for anything more than what I already have.  I am truly blessed.

David gave me a new backpack for my laptop.  He also got me a re-fill for my Xyron.  Laugh if you will, it's what I asked for.  He actually got me a card, too.  So unlike him.  The boys gave me a card, too.  And they signed their own names.  :D

I heard from both of my brothers and my parents.  Noah called this morning and then Bobby called shortly after that from his island paradise.  They both mean so much to me.  I know guys aren't big phone talkers.  Truth be told, I'm not either.  So both conversations were brief but still made my soul sing.  Actions speak volumes to me and their voices were loud and clear.

I've had a few friends call and sing.  And I've received TONS of messages on Facebook from friends all over the country.  It's been awesome.

Then this afternoon, Kimmy called.  She said she was on "birthday delivery" and had a package for me.  It was from her, Debbie and Susan.  This is what they gave me:

 

It was filled with tons of my favorite things!  Diet Coke w/Splenda, pink pens, post it notes, Gain fabric softener sheets, microwave popcorn, Twilight candy, house shoes, a "friend" chip board book and a Starbucks gift card.  It was so cool.  And such a surprise!!  You girls are the BEST!

I am back in my room with my foot propped up.  Still.  Anytime I get up, it swells like crazy.  The swelling makes it hurt.  So - - I stay off of it.  I'm watching re-runs of The Office right now.  Love that show.

Another epic post.  That happens when I'm on meds.  :D

Thank again, friends.  Love you guys!!!

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

:)

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like the perfect day. Your a lucky lady!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...