Monday, February 15

My Foot - The bandage came off...

**Warning**  I am going to include a picture later in this post.  Click the "x" now if you are a weenie and visual stuff makes you sick.

I saw the doctor today.  It felt nice to get all of that gauze wrapping off of my foot.  I nearly freaked out when I saw it.  The incision was quite a bit larger than I expected.  The doctor said it was "all jacked up."  It was quite a bit larger and deeper than he had anticipated.  It was also very intertwined with the tendon, some veins and the muscle.  Long story short, he had to dig around in there quite a bit to get it out.  It was a "regular" ganglion cyst.  The pathology report came back fine.  (Whew.  You never know.)

I don't get my stitches out until March 4th.  Uh, yeah.  That long.  I have to wear this ugly boot for a little more than two more weeks.  He said *not* to even try to put a shoe on that foot.  He said he had a hard time stitching it up.  The skin on the top of the foot is super thin.  He said I needed to be very careful with it.  I have to keep the ace bandage on it all the time.  I am allowed to take it off and shower though.  There's the silver lining.  A good long shower.  Ahhhhhhhh...  Baths aren't good for cleaning -- in my opinion.  For soaking and relaxing they are fine.  For cleaning?  Gross.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of it...


Gross.  Huh?  I think there are nine stitches.  There's still some swelling, bruising and numbness.

Wahhhhhhhhhh.

Actually, it's doing better and I'm healing on schedule.  :D

5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! That looks painful! I'm glad you're recovering nicely, though!

Shawna said...

There are a lot of stitches! Try to take it easy over the next few weeks...easier said than done, I know. Love ya and thx for the pics.

J. Page said...

That looks pretty awful, but I am glad you are healing. I know I tell you this alot, but you crack me up!

Traci B said...

Wow, Becky! That's quite the incision! Glad you didn't know until after-the-fact that the surgery would be sort of difficult. So glad it's over for you!

I'm praying for quick healing and no pain!!! Hang in there...

Kristina said...

Owww.....that looks like it hurts, but I glad to hear that you're recovering.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...