Friday, February 19

A Weekend For the Boys...

Mr. B has gone to pick up the camper as I type this.  He and the boys are headed out for a fun-filled boys weekend at the local state park.  I've been told - - "No Girls.  Just Boys."  I am actually quite fine with this.  I know they will have a blast "male bonding."  It's one of the things that makes me sad about not having any girls.  The upside is - - I get a weekend alone.  Solitude is actually quite good for me.  Occasionally.  I know I get my retreat in a few weeks.  But there will be lots of other women there.  This will be "me" time.  My schedule.  And given that a lot of activity makes my foot swell up and hurt, I plan on spending my "me" time sitting on the couch with chick movies the whole weekend.  I've got tons of pictures to work on in Photoshop and then I need to upload them for print.  It will be nice having Mr. B's computer at my disposal while he's gone.  (I don't think I have Photoshop on mine.)  I plan on doing a little picking up and straightening after they leave.  I like for things to "appear" clean.  I already cleaned the boys bathroom so I feel like I'm good to go.

I am going to the church crop tonight.  I'm not taking much.  Just one bag of some things.  I don't want to mess with too much stuff.

I also have an article to write that I need to get out of the way before I leave for my trip.  This will be a great time to do it.

So - - even though it's a "Weekend For the Boys" I say - - Let the "Weekend of B" commence.  I am *certain* it will involve at least one trip to Starbucks!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Yay for you! Wish I lived closer and we could do a PJ party!
Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!! Enjoy your time alone, it will go by fast and try not to do too much.

Kristina said...

Have fun! I'm suppose to leave for Phoenix tomorrow on another work trip, but the weather doesn't look good at all and I'll be surprised if my flight isn't cancelled.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...