Tuesday, February 2

Bummer

So - - I went to the doctor yesterday.  It looks like that knot on the top of my foot is just a cyst.  (Whew.)  I was nervousing a bit about it.  I was pretty sure that was all it was.  But...

Anyway, it's gotten bad enough that the doc thinks I need it removed.  (It's on the top of my foot and hurts EVERY time I wear shoes.)  I tried to talk him into doing it in his office with just a local.  No dice.  (Bummer.)  So - - day surgery for me.  Gah.  They couldn't do it until March 4th.  I was like, "No way!"  I have a scrapbook retreat that weekend.  You know, priorities and all.  They said they could bump me up to next week but it will have to be in the afternoon instead of first thing in the morning.  I don't care.  It's not like I'm gonna starve or anything.  It won't kill me to wait to eat.  I may not like it, but I doubt I'll die from it.

One week from tomorrow - - the knot will be gone.  *yay*  I've wanted to exercise and work on the "summer me."  But I haven't been able to.  Hopefully I'll be good to go on the exercise thing before too long.  It looks like I have arrangements pegged down for the children.  (Thank you, Miss Q!  The boys are uber excited!)

Today is yucky.  I have a sore throat and just kind of blah.  The house isn't in horrible shape.  So I'm going to hop in the shower, pour a cup of coffee, work on my Bible study and then organize scrapbook stuff for my retreat.  (Let's throw in another *yay* here for that.)  I am feeling quite ambitious about getting stuff done on this trip.  I am going to be prepared.  :D

On a sad note, some friends of ours lost their daughter last night.  She was young.  In her 20's.  Not sure what happened.  Please be in prayer for her family as they grieve her loss.  So young.  So unexpected.  So incredibly sad.

I hope your day is full of blessings.  Mine will be knowing that God is good and He has a plan and a purpose for everything.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my. My heart is broken for them. She used to watch our girls!! I just loved her...always smiling... :(

Traci B said...

Sorry about your foot surgery! Not fun. But, as you said, you'll be good as new soon and able to walk, sans pain! Yay!

Kristina said...

Glad to hear that your getting your foot taken care of you. How sad about your friend's daughter...20's is way too young. :(

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...