What did I learn? I learned that 5th grade is NOT where I belong. I had a rough time with the talking back, smart mouthing and overall cockiness. Sadly, it was the boys. The girls were great. I think there is something about the boys in that age group. Tweens. They are coming into their own. Trying hard to establish where they are in the pecking order. Trying like crazy to be "cool." What I determined is that there needs to be more adult men helping with that age group. For sure. I think it would have made a huge difference. We had a male teacher. But sadly, he was deployed on Wednesday. (Can I add him to my prayer request list?) His wife was a teacher with us. I felt so sorry for her that day.
I missed the younger children. I wanted to be with them so bad. I kept sneaking over to Justin and Cameron's areas during various times in the day. I wanted to see them soaking up the fun. I shot a great video today. Well, the quality stinks, but the stuff I got was priceless. It sums up how I feel about the praise and worship time. Have I mentioned that I LOVE it? When I have, oh, I don't know, a spare hour - - I'll try to upload it.
Until then, here is a picture of the three of us.
4 comments:
Sweet photo! and I agree about boys that age. That's when my DS's mouth started. He's not too bad, but get a group of them together and they feed off of one another...lol....I'm glad you survived.
What a cute picture!
Individually, they are great. You hit the nail on the head with groups of them. Groups of them are obnoxious. They definitely feed off of each other.
It makes me want to work like crazy to teach my boys to always be respectful. Of everyone.
(Thanks, Kim.)
Respect is SUCH a hard thing to teach/learn. It is DEFINITELY something that should be taught early on.
What's crazy...it's NOT just the kids that need to learn respect...there are SEVERAL adults that have NONE!
Post a Comment