Wednesday, June 10

VBS - Day Three

*Warning* This is not a fluff post at all.

Today broke my heart. Into a thousand little pieces.

There is a little boy in my class who I'm simply going to call, "A." I've known him since he was in the four year old class. He's my buddy. My sweetheart. I hug him every time I see him.

Today, "A" was not himself. He was uncooperative, disobedient and just downright unresponsive. I tried everything. I thought he was just being a tween. I pulled him aside to talk to him in private. He wouldn't say hardly anything. And then it happened. The thing that was bugging him came out and he just completely broke down. I'm talking about a 5th grade (soon to be 6th grade) boy - - sobbing.

It makes me cry just to type this story.

I told him that he was never too big to sit in my lap. He climbed up into my lap, wrapped his arms around me and just sobbed. His heart was breaking over a family situation. He was absolutely torn up inside and I think he'd just about had it.

Divorce is hard on kids. Super hard. They are literally (and physically) being pulled in two different directions. It takes a toll.

I hope I was a bright spot in his crappy little day. I tried really hard to be.

Please pray for "A" and his family. He is my sweetie. And my heart breaks as his family has to make some big decisions about their future. My heart breaks because I see how it is tearing him up. I just want him to feel peace and comfort with some decisions that are being made for him.

He deserves the best.

6 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

WOW!

Abby said...

I'll pray for this little man. Divorce of your parents isn't easy at any age. My parent's divorce will be final on the 22 of this month. Sucks.

Shawna said...

Oh my.... Poor little dude! He'll be in my prayers!

Liz said...

I'm so sorry. You were just what he needed at that time. We will be praying for him.

Ashley said...

So thankful you were there right when he needed you.

Kristina said...

Aww...poor guy. I so glad you were there for him. Made me sniffle. :(

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...