Wednesday, June 24

Fiesta Texas

It was FUN!!

At first, Justin stressed us out because he was being such a weenie. He didn't want to ride anything. This is the same kid who (two years ago) rode anything he was tall enough to ride. I finally made him ride the log ride with me and he was sold. We rode rides all day Friday and until the water park opened on Saturday. Then we spent the rest of the day there.

I added an entire album to our family website. Go take a look there. It would take forever to add the pictures here. Be sure to click on the thumbnail and view the caption with each picture. Then just hit the arrow at the top and scroll through the pics.

We hit the wave pool first and I was stupid brave enough to take my camera (the small point and shoot) out in the water with me and snap a few shots. Mr. B got onto me because I didn't have the strap around my wrist at the time. I rolled my eyes and put the strap on. Because I'm not a total idiot, I left the water after a few pics and put the camera up.

Flash forward to later in the afternoon. We moved our "camp" over to the area where the big hat dumps water on you. Cam decided he wanted to go play in a smaller kiddie area with tiny slides. So Mr. B took him over there. With the camera. I stayed back with Justin.

When he came back, the look on his face said it all. These were his words, "I dropped the camera and it's broken."

Imagine me standing there with my mouth all agape.

"What?"

He said he had the strap on and it broke. He showed it to me. It clearly broke. All I could think of was the irony. He'd made me put the strap on. And then it failed him. I never, repeat NEVER, let the camera just dangle. I always have my hand on it. The strap is an extra safety measure. The strap broke and the camera went crashing down, in the "on" position, into water about three inches deep. Ruined. Forever ruined. Luckily, those memory cards are tough and we didn't lose any pictures.

However, we were done taking pictures at this point.

He had already been talking about ordering me a new one before the weekend anyway. So, he didn't hesitate to order a new one when we got home. I wish it would hurry up and get here. I stayed with Canon. I got the PowerShot SD1200 IS Digital. In pink. (Of course.) He found a really good deal on it and it had some free extras. I'll let you know how it works out when it finally arrives.

I gave David a hard time about it. In a kidding way. I'm way more "chill" about things than he is. I told him to admit that if I'd done it, he'd be pretty mad. He "kind of" admitted it. If it had been a brand new camera, I'm sure he'd have been sick over it. I kept telling him that it was a good thing he put that strap on. *giggle*

All in all, it was a great weekend. We went to Chuck E. Cheese on Sunday and played for about an hour. Then we drove to Kerrville and had lunch at a Mexican food restaurant there. It was GOOD!

Go look at the pictures. Then come back here and tell me which one is your favorite. After a few comments, I'll tell you which one is my favorite.

6 comments:

elaineallbright said...

The pictures were great. My fav was the boys going off in the car to look for chicks. lol
That time will be here before you know it.

Yoda said...

LOL... will check out the pics later... I just had to point out you said "strap on" *giggle*

Stephanie said...

hmm...I liked 3 the best. 1. The one of Cam laughing at scared big bro (that is greatness!) 2. You and Dave looking all in love and
3. the boys about to go under. And I have to say. I thought it was a cruel joke that when you hit the arrow to move to the next picture it wouldn't go (bc it was the last picture) so it kept coming back to "the boys about to go under. again" over and over until after click 15 I realized that the pictures were over. Yes. I am that big a dork. Great pictures though!
and did I tell you I love the softener? I use it only on my towels, so they smell different and yummy. Love it!

~B said...

Yoda - - you dirty bird. Tee hee hee.

My favorite picture is the one of Pepe kissing my hand. I *heart* him! I was hoping all day that I would see him. I wanted my picture with him *so* bad. Then, I saw him when we were riding the train. I just knew I wouldn't find him again. But, there he was. And he kissed me.

I was kissed by a skunk and I liked it...

~B said...

Stephanie - - I use that for my towels, too. It's like a mini spa treatment after a shower. =)

Kristina said...

Love your photos! Looks like you all had a great time. Bummer about the camera, but hey, thumbs up on the new one! Pink is my color also....lol...one more thing I like about you.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...