Monday, June 22

You still see me.

I haven't left blogger. I still use blogger for all of my editing, posting, etc. They just don't host me anymore. You are being directed to my own domain name now. You can get to me both ways. My new domain name is www.beckybray.me. The other one, the one I've had for a while now, is www.beckitasblog.blogspot.com. Both of those work and will take you to the same blog that's been up for a long time.

About a month ago, Mr. B found a private domain name for me and asked if I wanted it. It's hosted on our server, so, I have more room for pictures, etc. Then, someday, if blogger does something I don't like, I'm set up all on my own. It's a contingency plan. And, it's more personal. And - - just easier to tell people how to find me. What do you need to do if you have me linked? Nothing. Unless you want to. Some people are being re-directed by blogger and it's caused some people to be wary and not click "yes." It's okay. I promise. I'm going to try to contact blogger and see if they'll approve me as not spam.

Until then, keep reading.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here. If you've found me, you are set. Just in case someone you know mentions it, tell them it's okay and I'm not spam.

Is all of that about as clear as muddy water?

4 comments:

Yoda said...

When I got to the old blooger address, I don't get redirected. It gives me that browser message that you get when a page isn't there or is unavailable.

~B said...

That's weird. I'll have to get my techie guy to work on it after work.

You aren't the only one having the problem. Several are. Ugh!!!

~B said...

Apparently, it is a known issue with blogger. I'm hoping it will be resolved soon.

It's going to funny to see people freak out. Almost like I've gone into hiding or something.

Still here. Not my fault. It's blogger. *eyeroll*

Baby Bro said...

hey... i did the same thing a couple of years ago. I dare you to go try to back up all your blogs (you might want to take them to your new site someday). Yeah, blogger is not a big fan of taking all your blog posts to another site. i think they limit it to your last 500. it was several years ago when I did this, so maybe they have fixed this too. I found a way to get them all, but it wasnt easy. Thought I would give you a heads up on it.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...