Saturday, June 27

The Fruits of my Saturday Labor

I didn't do anything extreme today. I stayed pretty busy though.

Luckily, Mr. B let me sleep in. He always gripes about it, but he never comes and wakes me up either. =)

In summary, this is what I did:

Folded and put away two loads of laundry (there are two more yet to be folded),
Tended to the pile by the phone in the kitchen (hello Mr. Shredder),
General kitchen duties,
Cleaned both bathrooms,
Swept the kitchen,
Cleaned off the counters in the kitchen,
Wiped down the front of the fridge with bleach,
and Washed and dried the car booster seat covers.

Nothing earth shattering. Or very visible. But I feel pretty happy with it.

I can't remember what all I listened to on my iPod. I do remember hearing several Michael Jackson songs. I don't care what your opinion is/was of him as an individual. I figure it's not my place to judge. What I do know is that he was the "Elvis" of my generation. I was surprised by his death. It definitely took my breath away. Have I lost sleep over it? No. Have I cried? No. Do I think the man sang some awesome stuff? Hell yes.

Oh - - another "celeb" issue I have. Jon and Kate. *eyeroll* They brought this crap on themselves. How would I act with a camera on me 24/7? I don't know. Because I'm not fool enough to put myself in that position. (I would like to point out that I've watched, in total, about 15 minutes of this show. Total.) They annoy me. They are so mean to each other. So petty. Her making him get hairplugs. Him going out to the bar with co-eds. It's ridiculous. They basically pimped their kids out for profit. For freebies. I wonder if it was worth it. It never would have been for me. I know some of you readers are fans. Fine with me. I'm not trying to step on your toes. To each his own... I feel sorry for those kids. They didn't ask for any of this.

Okay. I need to get to bed. Early, I know. I really want to go to church tomorrow. We've been very bad lately. And - - I just *want* to go. If these silly boys would just go to sleep already...

Ciao.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Nicely put; on all areas!
We went to church last night :)
I need to do some power cleaning today.

Yoda said...

Amen to the J&K rant. I've never seen any of that show except for clips on the soup. I just don't find anything entertaining about dysfunctional relationships. (Real ones.) *blech*

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...