Wednesday, May 9

(You Want To) Make Me a Memory

So I was getting my nails done yesterday (did I mention that Sam is gone?) and they had the T.V. on CMT. Which I think is funny, given that those people in there don't ever speak any English anyway. I went back to my old place because Sam left my new one. Sam. Oh. B is sad. Sam was the first person - ever - to do my nails completely to my liking. Ever. I called two weeks ago to schedule an appointment with him. They told me, "Sam not here. He in Dallas. He gone." WHAT? He didn't tell me. Then after a series of "Huhs??" and "I'm sorry, what?" I deciphered that Sam owns a salon in Dallas and he was only here to help with the opening of this salon. I was crushed. So I let another guy there do my nails. He was terrible. I was ready to track Sam down in Dallas. But, if Husband doesn't approve of me spending the money on getting a fill twice a month, I don't think I can justify driving to Dallas to get said fill. Know what I mean? So yesterday, I went back to my old place. A different girl did my nails. She was okay. They are kind of long. If I have time tomorrow, I'm going to get them shortened. Which, I'm sure, I'll get to pay for.

Back to CMT. I couldn't really hear it real well, but I could see it. And I was like, is that Bon Jovi on CMT? And lo and behold, it was. What was *he* doing on CMT? So my quest began. Sure enough. He has a new video out. You can watch it here. His new album is due out on June 19th. I'm looking forward to that. Only because that song is really good. I've listened to it over and over. Lots of songs about exes out right now. Creepy.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts about his song. I like it. Plus, after all these years, he's still pretty sweet to look at. Anyone care to interpret the ending of the video for me? I have my own theory. Watch it, then let's discuss in the comments.

2 comments:

Yoda said...

This si the same song he performed on Idol last week. Loved it then, love it more now. And he *is* still pretty sweet to look at. If only we all aged that well.

Hadn't seen the video... it was very Sixth Sense-ish, I thought.

~B said...

Sixth Sense - - Kind of what I was thinking...

Interesting.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...