Let me start at the beginning.
No - I did not get to go to Game 3. Yes - I am still bitter about it. I secretly hoped Husband would surprise me with tickets at the last minute. Maybe a real sweet Mother's Day gift. No such luck. So when he suggested that I go into San Antonio on Saturday afternoon and check out a scrapbook store I'd heard about, I had an idea. (By the way, my in-laws live about 30 minutes on the other side of San Antonio.) Back to my idea. Find a Sugar Daddy. Bat my eyes at him. Get him to take me to the game. Maybe he'd even spring for some Spurs memorabilia. Maybe he'd even have some connections and I'd get to meet a player or two.
The flaws in my plan:
- Sugar Daddies rarely hang out in Scrapbook stores (If they do, they are probably already taken and I'd risk a serious cat fight.)
- SD's probably don't shop at Kohl's either.
- I clearly had on a wedding ring. (This is probably a major turn off to SD's.)
- I waited too late.
Oh well. They won the game I wanted to go to. I'm not even going to ask Husband if he's going to take me to Game 6. Yes, it's in San Antonio. We are having company over that night. I hope they are ready to watch some basketball.
Now - - on to some of the ugliness. Robert Horry. Dude, what were you thinking? You are a seasoned veteran and one of my favorite players. I always thought you were so level headed. I can't help but wonder what his intentions were. His real intentions. I know he meant to foul Nash. But did he mean to slam him into the table like that? I'd like to think he didn't. Did that foul get away from him or did his temper get the better of him? Either way, I think his two game suspension was appropriate. It sends the right message.
And the same goes for that liar Stoudemire. Yes, I said liar. (I'm about to repeat that a lot.) I guess I'd say I didn't mean to do it either. He claims he was just leaving the bench, on his coach's orders, to go check in the game. Yeah, no. Let me repeat. Liar. You were headed for a bench-clearing brawl. And the rule's are the rules. Suspension for you. Liar. If I were on the NBA Commission, I'd give you another game's suspension just for being a big fat liar. View the footage, liar. You do know they taped the game, right? Liar.
Oh yeah, his little buddy Diaw was suspended one game for following behind him to go "check in the game."
I don't like this dark cloud looming over the Spurs. I don't want one ugly incident to label them as a dirty team. For the record - Bowen is not a dirty player. I don't care what that Liar said. Again - watch the footage, Liar.
On a happy note, with hat in hand and groveling for Yoda. Kudos to Dirk. MVP. We knew it was coming. And he deserved it. And this part is hard for me to admit - - but Mr. Cuban's kind words at the presentation were, well, well-said. He even got choked up a few times. So Yoda, maybe you are right. Behind that mean, rigid exterior there really exists a nice guy. Is there really a nice beating heart inside there? It's not all cold and dead? Okay, I'm about to puke. I'm done being nice to Mr. Cuban. Congrats, Dirk.
Anyone still with me? Are you wowed or disgusted by the length to which I follow NBA stuff? Yes, I am a girl. So how is it that Husband isn't so much more in love with me for that? Shouldn't good wife behavior be rewarded by, oh I don't know, a ticket to a playoff game in San Antonio? I'm just sayin...
No comments:
Post a Comment