Wednesday, July 14

Facebook

Just some venting.

1.  Why does she keep friend-requesting me?  It's not like we ever talk or anything.  I wouldn't classify us as friends in real life.  Why should we be friends on FB?  I really don't even know her.  Just because we have mutual friends doesn't mean we are.  I just don't get it.

2.  It's been 21 years since high school.  We've gone this long without being friends.  I don't think 21 more would hurt.  Not being hateful.  But really - - our lives have moved different directions.  Let's just call it what it is and keep moving.  I wish them the best.  But for real - - I don't "LYLAS" many people anymore.

3.  Some people are OBSESSED with what everyone else is doing.  I don't get that.  I don't get any notifications sent to my e-mail or cell phone. Simply logging in and perusing status updates is enough for me.  If I find out a friend falls in this category - - buh-bye.  Good luck to ya.  I'd suggest a hobby or something.  Cyber-stalking on this level is a little - - off.

4.  I broke up with all the games.  ALL of them.  This helps me out a lot.  I deleted them and then blocked them.  I won't lie, I miss poker a little.  But it's all good.

5.  Cryptic status updates - -  If they're gonna be cryptic, I'm not gonna ask.  I'm guessing that not saying exactly what they feel is done for a reason.  If I need to know, I'm sure I'll be told.  I'm not going to beg for details.  I don't play the "Please Validate Me" game.  It's lame.

6.  I'd rather people not load old, yellow, blurry pictures of me from twenty years ago.  And I'd really like for them to not tag me in them.  They should feel free to tag themselves though.

7.  People who like their own status.  I'm guessing they like them.  They wrote them.

8.  Song lyrics as status updates.  Kill me now.  Occasionally, okay.  All the time?  No.  (coughcoughteenagerscoughcough)

9.  Underage kids on FB.  Enough said.

10.  "Replying to all" in group messages.  This floods my inbox and me-no-likey.  If I'm friends with everyone in the group, it's cool.  But when I have to read personal responses from strangers to the original sender, uh, no.  But thanks though.

That is all.  For now.  Bwahahaha.

11 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Point taken!

:)

amartin030 said...

Do my Chevy Chase quotes irritate you?

He's just so damn sexy with those tan legs and white teeth... I just can't resist!!

~becky said...

I dig quotes. And you are right. Chevy Chase is where it's at.

I'm all about movie quotes.

amartin030 said...

I don't ever get the lyric quotes because I NEVER know what song people are quoting. I'm not up to speed on bands/singers/musicians anymore. :X

Yoda said...

Do you have the option to not "reply all" in group messages on facebook? I haven't figured it out if so.

Yoda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yoda said...

(Previous post was deleted because it was a duplicate of the first.)

~becky said...

I tried to find that feature and now I can't. The only message I found in my inbox that had multiple recipients - - we are all friends with each other. I know at one time, you could reply to just the sender. I'm also wondering if, because I started that message, that's why I can't do it.

FTR - totally not complaining about you. :D You know that, right?

Yoda said...

Oh I figured as much, which is why I didn't mention the song lyrics comment applies to me as well. ;)

Yoda said...

I was asking about the reply all thing for my own knowledge... I've never been able to find a reply to sender only choice.

~becky said...

I said occasionally!!! I've done it before. ;)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...