Sunday, May 24

I got banned.

From what you ask?

From assembling furniture.

(My Banana friends will love this.)

Remember the office chair I retrieved from the alley? Did I ever tell that story? If I didn't, here is the short version of it.

I was using a folding chair at my table/desk. Mr. B left for work and told me that there was an office chair in the alley. It was to be thrown away with a neighbor's garbage. I asked him to grab it for me. He said, "No way. I'm not going to be seen taking someone's trash." So - - I did. I took the walk of shame across the alley and *very quickly* wheeled the chair to my house. I was SO embarrassed! I didn't know I could move that fast. Humiliation will do that to you. I got the chair home, wiped it down with lysol and was good to go. It squeaked a little and the arm had a tear in the leather. But - - it was a real office chair and beat the stuff out of my folding chair.

Fast forward to today. I was complaining to Mr. B that my chair looked like crap, squeaked *real* bad and was scratching up my chair mat. He said he'd go look. He found one. It was normally $100 marked down to half price at one of the office stores.

Awesome.

He brought it home, set the box down and proceeded to make him some lunch. I was like - ???? Okay, I can do this. I have a degree from college. How hard can it be?

Hard.

I put EVERYTHING in the wrong place. I completely jacked it up. The *only* thing I did right was put the casters (wheels) in the right spot. I kid you not. I felt like a freakin' moron. He had to take it all apart and re-assemble it. He told me that he learned a valuable lesson. I have *zero* ability to follow directions.

So, today he banned me from assembling furniture. Fine with me. Maybe next time he'll learn to pay more attention to my need for immediate gratification than to make me wait.

On the upside - - I have a brand new, quite comfortable, office chair. Yay me.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I, alas am completely mechanically challenged, thank goodness for my hubby.... :)

~Alison Stepp~ said...

THat saoooooo cracks me up!
Especially the covert alley operations!
I would definitely do that!
But I take after my dad in the mechanical way, thank goodness because my mom was completely hopeless in the mechanical/technical end of things! I would be like... directions? what directions? I don't need no stinkin' directions?
(then of course I am sure I would consult them at some point, but I would start off with confidence!) :)

~B said...

I put everything in the wrong place - - WITH looking at the instructions. I can be an idiot that way.

Yoda said...

LMAO...

*still laughing*

Nevermind... will talk to you later.

*Still laughing*

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...