Wednesday, July 23

What am I doing????

Right now, I'm taking a break. I took on a project of ginormous proportions today.

Why am I caving to a request of the Misters? Probably selfishness. I'll get more space. Here's the deal:

*Most* of my scrapbooking supplies have been tucked away in the entrance hall. My closet just isn't large enough and let's face it, it's pretty messy itself. And if you scrapbook, you totally get needing to have enough space for your goods.

The mister has complained, on several occasions, that he wants the entrance hall back. For coats (because it's so cold here in West Texas), the vacuum cleaner and the steam cleaner. It makes sense to keep those things there. But where am I supposed to put my stuff? The first time he threw this at me, I countered that if he would build me space equal to that of his shop in the backyard, we'd be cool. He dropped it.

Lately, it's begun to come up again. He suggested using Cam's closet. It needs cleaning out anyway. So, instead of discussing it anymore, I'm doing it. Cam and I are going to share his closet. It will, from now on, be locked.

Last night, I began removing things off of my shelf. The culling began. It was out of control. Most of it is in the entrance hall. Thank goodness the kids have left it alone.

On to Cam's closet. Ugh. Major culling of the clothes. And junk. I filled one black trash bag full of clothes to give away. The other trash bag is full of, well, trash. I'm nearly done with his closet now. Then I shall begin the move-in of my supplies. I hope I don't regret this. I'll post pictures when I'm all done.

Can I just go on record as saying that I completely resent any friend (or anyone for that matter) that has an entire room devoted to their craft? I want my own room. I want to set my table up and be able to leave stuff out on it. I want to be more free to just go scrap whenever I get the inclination to do so. I'm living in a fantasy world. We'd need to move for that to happen. Hmmmm...

Back to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read your tale of woe, I looked around at my surroundings. I have two tables, three file cabinets, my computer, a printer that prints and up to 12" papaer and a scanner/printer, a Cricut machine and a new Cricut Jukebox and about to order #2. I have three Xyron's. The only thing in the cabinets is paper and embelishments. I do have to share the room with a double bed and dresser, but it fits. IT'S THE GUEST ROOM, and we never have any guest. I once felt your pain.

I think you may know who I am.

MaierHousehold said...

Only your mom can get away with teasing you like that!

Anonymous said...

Beck, you know I love you more than my luggage

Anonymous said...

Your mom is a hoot...nothing liking rubbing a little salt in the wounds. Only a mom can truly get away with that.

Way to go B's mom!

Ophelia Paine said...

There's always Yoda's. At least you have a closet, my Mister kicked my scrap stuff out of the house entirely:-).

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...