Thursday, July 10

The good, the bad and the huh?

I saw the doctor today. He is pretty sure that it is my gall bladder that is giving me trouble. The good news is that the sonogram didn't show any gall stones. That's also the "huh?"

His office made an appointment for me with a surgeon. I see him on Monday afternoon. I'm sure I'll have more tests. Even though there are no stones, my gall bladder can still be bad. Or so I understand. What I do know is that I can't eat most foods without getting incredibly nauseated. Still. I can take phenergan for the nausea but it kicks my butt. Talk about making you sleep. Wowzers. I tolerated some crackers today. That was nice. I got bold and tried some grilled chicken with some plain white rice tonight. No dice. Ugh. I popped another pill so basically, I am short for this world for another day. I'm about to hit the hay.

The bad news. I know, thought that was it, huh? You guys are all going to have to do Grease without me. I have no idea what the surgeon will say or do on Monday. I could be completely out of commission on Thursday. I just don't know. So go ahead and make your plans. Have a wonderful time. And miss me. (*sigh*) I know I'll miss hanging out with my buddies.

If you would, please pray for me. If it is God's plan, I would love to be healed from whatever it is that has taken over me. I know God can heal it and make me whole again. If not - - may He be glorified somehow through this. I really, really feel that way.

Okay - - I need to check out. Have a fabulous Friday everyone.

Smooches all around...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. I remember how bad a failing gall bladder can make you feel. If that is truly what's causing the problem, you'll feel so much better once it's out. Let us know what the surgeon says. In the meantime, I'll be praying for you.

Big Hug-

D

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you! Hope you get good news today.
H

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...