Thursday, July 31

Bad cook

I can't even boil eggs. I have to ask the Mister how to do it *every* time. He told me to boil them for ten minutes. I was afraid that I didn't have the temperature up high enough - - so when the buzzer went off at ten minutes, I decided to let them cook a little longer. I didn't set the timer. Who'd forget they were in there cooking? That's right. Me. I forgot. They boiled for an hour and a half. Yeah - - they were done.

I think this blonde moment is courtesy of my new highlights. That's what I'm claiming anyway.

I've tried to be a better cook over the past couple of weeks. I've been using several different Taste of Home cookbooks. Actually, most of them have turned out pretty well. I was tired of the same 'ole, same 'ole around here. New is good. This week, we are using the Comfort Food, diet one. I've got a great menu for tomorrow night. The Mister gets a massage at 5:00 and I'm going to have a nice dinner waiting when he gets home. Yay me!!

That's enough for now. It's 10:14 and I haven't had any coffee yet. I must remedy that right now. That is entirely unacceptable. Oh, oh! I am going to load all of us up in our jammies (still) and go to Starbucks. I haven't had one in a couple of weeks. I deserve it. I'll let you know how it was.

*giggle

I'm so excited!

1 comment:

MaierHousehold said...

You are too funny!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...