Tuesday, July 29

Welcome Home, HP. Welcome Home!

That's right friends and neighbors. My laptop arrived back in West Texas yesterday. And I'm happy to report that it is functioning properly.

Yes - - life is just fantabulous.

Another tidbit from yesterday.

I was an hour early for my hair appointment. Not on purpose. I wrote the time down wrong or something. So - - I offered to make a run down to McAllister's for my stylist and good friend. She accepted with a big smile. I waited in line at McA's *forever.* When I was finally helped by Ms. Snarky, she barely spoke two words to me. I was, at this point, nearly late getting back for my appointment. So, I grabbed my change, stuffed it in my pocket and went on my merry way.

After my hair appointment, I looked at the change she'd given me and realized she shorted me $5. I gave her a twenty dollar bill and she gave me two fives, a one and some change. And no receipt. Crap.

I called down to the store and finally got a hold of the manager. He agreed to give me my $5. Just on merit. I'd just have to drive back down there to get it. He said he wouldn't be there, but he'd tell the night manager to expect me. He lied. She knew nothing of it and was actually quite suspicious. Ms. Snarky was still there and I pointed her out. She didn't have pretty looks for me. Or an apology. They were actually pretty hateful. So - - I might be taking a hiatus from the sweet teas for a spell. I don't need them anyway.

We are home for the day today. No plans to go anywhere. Yesterday was enough for me.

I'm going to do some of those 20 minute cleaning challenges this afternoon. Be watching my posts to see what I get accomplished. As if you care. *giggle* It's mostly accountability for me. But feel free to join in if you like. Let me know what *you* get done in twenty. It should be some good times.

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Yippie! It's living and breathing again!

YOU were early?? Almost an hour! WOW! Was your stylist shocked to see you???

We had McA's last night. I didn't eat, so I wasn't exposed to any attitude, but went to have ice cream on Saturday at MS, and little Jr. High Boy was less than friendly. Sunday went to CC's for pizza and same thing. Something must be in the air. I am guessing that you finally got your $5 back?

**HAPPY CLEANING**

~B said...

Oh - - I got my $5 back. The manager didn't say a word. She "verified" my story with Ms. Snarky and then just handed me a $5 bill. I'm sure Ms. Snarky thought I was trying to pull a fast one.

Lots of unhappy, unfriendly people these days. Even in places you'd think they could work over a smile.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...