There are various levels of heat.
There's a hot pocket fresh out of the microwave hot.
There's my hormonal self, sweating in the middle of winter hot.
There's nuclear fission hot.
And then there's days like today. Not just hot. Out of my mind hot. Right now, it is 101. That's just wrong.
We went to the pool with some friends today. (Thanks for the invite!) The kids had a blast. The mommies even got in for a bit. Let's call it like it is, sweat underneath certain body parts is just messed up. Ick. The cool water was nice and it wasn't very crowded today. I would imagine that most sane people stayed inside in the a/c.
Oh - - another level of hot - - the inside of any vehicle that's been sitting out in said 101 degree heat. Now *that's* hot. Yikes.
I just hope I don't get a headache. That would not be cool. Seriously. No play on words. It would be totally un-cool.
BTW - - my coffee was divine this morning. I even went and got the van washed while I was out. In my jammies. It was one of those drive-through thingies. Now it's so bright and shiny!
Okay - - enough. I need a shower to get the chlorine and sweat stank off of me.
Have a lovely evening.
*muah*
8 comments:
Yeah, it is 104 here and a cool 102 in the shade. What is going on???
Coffee & a carwash in your jammies! Not sure if I am insanely jealous, or just think your silly! ;0)
S - I'm melting! When are you coming to town again?
K - I'm silly. I'll own it. How are you?
I know you are silly! I have also been thinking since I posted that. I am INSANELY jealous that you were still in your jammies doing errands! :0)
All I can say with this heat...Thank the Lord that I work in a well air conditioned office!
I am doing ok...AA are going to Papa & Gigi's tonight! Last minute decision...I sure do hope they know what they are getting into! Don's mom is in town for a couple of weeks, so this will be good for all of them.
So glad you came to the pool with us this afternoon. D had a blast with J. He is already excited about tomorrow, so NO HEADACHES allowed.
Sounds like you spent this hot day the best way possible. Hanging out in the jams, then going to the pool, then coming home for a cool, refreshing, cleansing shower (aaahhh...). The shower is the best part about going to the pool in my opinion. I can't stand the feel of chlorine on my skin (or the funky smell).
I think your day was infinitely better than mine. I spent the ENTIRE day (8 hours, REALLY) cleaning out my kids closets, toy bins, under the bed, drawers, etc. Their rooms look great, and I got rid of a bunch of junk (broken toys, unused toys, etc.) They can't believe how great their rooms look. Now let's just see how long they stay that way. Care to make any wagers on that?
Anyway, glad you had a good day. Hope tomorrow is just as fantastic.
Other S - - we had a great time. Are we on for dinner and a movie? I'm in. The mister said okey-dokey. Woo hoo!
SD - - where the heck have you been? I have your prize still!! Call me the next time you are in town!
The high today upon the mountain top was 74, and no rain today. Beautiful weather.
Post a Comment