Get this! Remember a few months ago when I had my mishap with the mixing of the chemicals while cleaning my shower? That was nothing.
The story...
Husband bought a smoked turkey on clearance at Sam's. We decided to cook it up and invite the Parents over for some dinner tonight. (We all got a good chuckle at people, us included, thinking turkey is limited to the holiday season.) Anyhoo, I had some dinner rolls in the freezer that I put out early this afternoon (they had to rise for about four hours), I made green bean casserole (that, too, is not limited to holidays), and I had some instant potatoes ready to mix up at the last minute. I'd already made some tea, too. (I went all out, huh?) Well, I used instant potatoes because my potatoes were growing babies. That didn't look too appetizing. And I've found some instant ones that are almost as good.
So, about 5:30, I take the turkey out of the oven (which is in the roaster) to check the temperature. Only 110. I'm thinking, huh, maybe I should keep the lid off of the roaster and just cover the turkey with some foil. So I did. I put the turkey back in the oven.
This is where I turned into a complete and total dumb ass. I grabbed the handle to the roasting pan lid to take it to the sink. Without an oven mitt. Needless to say, I quickly released it. I don't quite remember the verbiage I used at the time. I do know that I'm thankful that neither of my children were in the kitchen when it happened.
I was at the freezer trying to fill a baggie with ice when Husband walks in the back door. He was kind enough to help and not make fun. I must have looked like I was hurting. (Which I was. I mean am.) It's not too bad now. The blisters are small and not real noticeable. I think some of them popped when I ran my hands under the cold water. It really doesn't look that bad.
The good news is: we have prescription burn cream in the house, it's only bad enough to warrant using it on three out of five fingers on my right hand *and* I can type like a maniac with the tips of my fingernails. (Hence this post!)
And - - I thought dinner was quite yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment