Friday, March 2

My Opa

Today would have been Opa's birthday. This is my favorite picture of us. He hasn't been gone a year yet. I really miss him. I miss his wisdom, his laughter and his smile. But most of all, I miss how we'd end every moment we shared with each other with the following saying, "You know what Beekie? I sure do love you." And he'd say it with the biggest smile. I'd always tell him that I loved him, too. He *always* said it. And I *felt* it. No doubt about it. I never doubted where I stood with him. I love people like that. You know where you are with them. No guessing. And I know he knew I loved him. I hate that he's gone now and I can't share one more moment like that with him. But my comfort comes in knowing that he was a man of God and he is rejoicing with the angels and is in the presence of our Saviour right now. I will get to spend eternity with him. So if he can wait a little while, we'll rejoice together.

You know what Opie? I sure do love you!

2 comments:

Mamaw said...

I hope when J & C are your age they can remember me with as much love as what you had for Opa & George.

Audra said...

I will never forget watching him stress out George and then laughing behind her back. You are right though.....you always felt unconditional love with Opa

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...