Wednesday, January 10

Our Cats

I hesitate to say this. I don't want the wrath of Marsha to come heavily down upon me. But here it goes. I'm afraid that I'm quickly losing my love for cats. There I said it. (Bobby, are you a little freaked out, yet oh so proud?) I was catching up on some internet reading when I was rudely interrupted by the wretching sound coming from one of the cats. Okay first of all, you know how I feel about puke. This is not limited to humans. Animal puke freaks me out, too. Second of all, I had just let those two furry cry babies back into the house because I couldn't stand listening to them any more. So I *know* they went straight to the food bowl, completely gorged themselves as if they'd never get to eat again, and then had to refund the extra right there in the middle of the living room. Okay - - GROSS. I'm sick of it. As if the older one pissing on my bathroom rugs wasn't enough. They bite if you touch them without their permission, give dirty looks (well, okay most cats do but it's really starting to irk me), they hiss at the kids and they generally don't like anyone but David. My question to you is this - - how do you discreetly "off" a cat? You know, put a hit out on one? Is there a cat mafia out there? Is that wrong? Enough is enough. I'm sick of fur on my black skirts, the disgusting litter box and these non-humans jumping on my counters thinking they are too freaking good to drink out of a bowl, could I turn on the freakin' water faucet. It's time for me to re-claim my home. Re-claim nothing. Claim. They were here first. Maybe that's why David seems to have chosen them over me. I have a feeling things could turn ugly over here. Oooooohhhhh! I think I'll bring home a puppy. That'll teach those stupid cats and husband who doesn't want an inside dog a lesson. If only it weren't for the housebreaking....

7 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

You are on a roll today! I have your back with this one! I don't care for animals, let alone inside animals. It's bad enough to have a child pee on the bed, or accidentally not make it to the bathroom. But an animal???? Roaches are still grosser, but the instances run a close race!

redfox1218 said...

Ok, I'm a cat lover, however I have my moments as well. Kinda like now, they are both loudly crying at me to feed them. I do find yakked hairballs and occasionally a missed litterbox. Did I mention I have to hide all these little incidence from dh or else he would go bezerk on the cats? Oh and they occasionally scratch the leather couch with bad jumping aim. I hate the litterbox as well. OH and did I mention Kallie has petting aggression? But amidst all this, I still love them. Maya will come and love on me and push and push until I snuggle with her sweet gray and white fur. Kallie will literally creep one paw at a time onto my lap as I read on the couch, knowing full well I don't WANT her on me, but she sneaks anyway, thinking I don't see her. I let her stay, I'm a big softie. I don't resent your anti-cat feelings, I understand, but don't off the cats, though to be honest I have no solution for you. *shrug* just wait for them to die and in the interim make dh take care of all of their needs. I assume they started out as his?

Fox

~B said...

Wheezer started out as David's. Ally was mine but had to live here b/c I couldn't have pets at my apartment. (Sometimes I cheated and we had sleepovers. Snicker, Snicker.) So living with him, she quickly became his. Anyway, I used to just be bananas about them. And I love cats that will snuggle with you. But these cats are some freaking psycho that they are slowly converting me. I would never seriously off them. Even though I dream of it. (Insert evil laugh here.) It will be a sad day when they are gone. But no new ones until they are both gone. I know the younger one learned her bad habits from the older one. So, it will be a fresh start someday. One that will know me and the kids from the "get-go." Okay, Fox, deep down, I am a cat lover. Big time. I've just got issues with my two I've got now. Ugh. Blech. I'll be okay. I guess I'm fondly remembering nicer kitties I've had in my past. I want them back. My day will come....

Yoda said...

I forgive orange cats all of their sins... (and Maya) but the rest of them can cross the rainbow bridge for all I care. :0

Just kidding... big softie here too. (But that Kallie and her "petting aggression" piss me off.) ;)

redfox1218 said...

Can cross the rainbow bridge for all I care....*snort* *lol* Nice, very nice...

Kallie has not bugged out with the petting aggression in a long time, I think she may have outgrown that. Damon will pet her for a long time and she seems fine with it. Now mind you she is still crazy, but less likely to bite now. ;)

Fox

Marsha said...

I am really sad. AND you even voted for Whiskers! Now you know that I do read these. lol

~B said...

Okay, okay. I'M SORRY!!!!! I still love cats. I have a love/hate relationship with both of mine. I think it's because the three of us are women. We jockey for position as the alpha female around here. By the way, vote for Whiskers!!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...