Sunday, January 21

Weekend summary

Friday: My scrapbooking at church got cancelled. That stunk because my friends from church and I were counting on the nursery for our kiddos. As it turned out, I don't think there was a bit of ice on the road. Oh well. Kim was the one who got the short end of the deal on that one.

Saturday: My goofball brother (who is living on island time on the other side of the world) woke me up at 8:30 in the morning. Our connection wasn't good so I told him I'd go to the computer and call him back. He was gone by then. What a worm. (He apologized later. Damage done, but I love him anyway.) Already up and having missed my Friday night extravaganza, I asked David if I could go ahead and head out to my Saturday night "all-nighter" crop I was to attend at 5:00. The store was open and I thought I'd get a head start. He said go for it. So I did. I got there at noon. It was a blast. Since my evening merges with the next day, here we go...

Sunday: Stated off with a massage! How fabulous is that? I had a massage at midnight!! Our party hostesses brought in two massage therapists. I had a one hour massage. It was WONDERFUL! I finally left the crop at 4:00 a.m. Yes, that's right. I told David I'd be home at 2:00 and I left at 4:00. That was the stupid in me. It has killed me today. I haven't recovered. I napped this afternoon and I totally missed church this morning. I hate that. I really wanted to go today. Yes, yes. My priorities were a little out of whack. Now, I'm about to grab a quick shower, watch Desperate Housewives with my sweet husband (who, by the way, did one heck of a job cleaning house while I was gone) and then prop my eyes open for Brothers & Sisters. Then I'm taking my Ambien and not looking back. Here's to a good night's rest and hoping my nearly 36 year old body will recover from the damage I did to my sleep schedule.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

MaierHousehold said...

I did get the short end of the stick on Friday! I am still hearing how "good I am to him". It's to the point where I want to say "I know".

That was a GREAT post by S! I hope you will relax, and just be patient. As hard as it is, and as anxious as you are, J will do it when HE is ready! Who cares that he is 3!

I am SO glad you were able to enjoy yourself on Saturday! I was a tad bit jealous!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...