Renee informed me the other day that I am her PG-13 friend. This makes me laugh. She said that T is her rated G friend and I am her PG-13 friend. H is somewhere in the middle. I don't know where K is. Well, at least I'm not rated R. Or NC-17. Or worse!! I first wondered if this was a compliment or not. I decided that it is. I decided that it means people can be who they really are when they are around me. There's no second guessing. People around me know that it takes a lot to make me blush and a slip of the tongue isn't going earn you a raised eyebrow from me. Chances are that if you tell me a joke with the word ass in it, I'll giggle. If you say the word fart, I'll point out how much my Dad *hates* that word and how at nearly 36 years old I still avoid using that word in his presence. (I have to point out that my dad does not "toot", either. He farts. Let's call a spade, a spade.) I am what I am. I love to laugh and I love to take everyone with me on that journey. If you aren't laughing and having fun, I'll find a way to bring you along for the ride. If you refuse, there's a better than average chance that you are gonna get picked on or made fun of a little. So, you better hop on board and enjoy the show. And by the way, if you embarass easily, you better not let me know, I will run like crazy with such information. Renee, I'm onto you. I've got your number. (Insert evil laugh here!!) So, thanks for the rating Renee. I'll try not to disappoint you. I'll keep things at a respectable tone. But when I get carried away every now and then - - bear with me.
Saturday, January 27
PG-13
Renee informed me the other day that I am her PG-13 friend. This makes me laugh. She said that T is her rated G friend and I am her PG-13 friend. H is somewhere in the middle. I don't know where K is. Well, at least I'm not rated R. Or NC-17. Or worse!! I first wondered if this was a compliment or not. I decided that it is. I decided that it means people can be who they really are when they are around me. There's no second guessing. People around me know that it takes a lot to make me blush and a slip of the tongue isn't going earn you a raised eyebrow from me. Chances are that if you tell me a joke with the word ass in it, I'll giggle. If you say the word fart, I'll point out how much my Dad *hates* that word and how at nearly 36 years old I still avoid using that word in his presence. (I have to point out that my dad does not "toot", either. He farts. Let's call a spade, a spade.) I am what I am. I love to laugh and I love to take everyone with me on that journey. If you aren't laughing and having fun, I'll find a way to bring you along for the ride. If you refuse, there's a better than average chance that you are gonna get picked on or made fun of a little. So, you better hop on board and enjoy the show. And by the way, if you embarass easily, you better not let me know, I will run like crazy with such information. Renee, I'm onto you. I've got your number. (Insert evil laugh here!!) So, thanks for the rating Renee. I'll try not to disappoint you. I'll keep things at a respectable tone. But when I get carried away every now and then - - bear with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reality Check
Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...
-
Do you know what RAK means? It stands for Random Act of Kindness. I'm in the mood to give something away. I'm going to give you s...
-
I love movies. I love, love, love movies. I don't watch many on my iPod. But I have a few on there. I only had two on there until to...
No comments:
Post a Comment