Monday, January 8

Noteworthy Romantic Moments in Movies

I am a sap. I admit. I am especially a sucker for love stories. The big screen, Lifetime, real life. I love them. I talked to several people who *hated* the movie Pearl Harbor. They said that it had too much of a love story in it. Huh? I loved that it *had* a love story in it. I'm sorry, but there are love stories in history. Now *that* particular love story didn't happen. But I know that others similar to it did. My reason for dreaming up this subject tonight? Well, I also love music. Combine my love for love stories and my ability to be so easily inspired by music and my, oh my - - it's a match made in heaven. The soundtrack. Even a movie score. It's sheer nirvana for me. Tonight, on my way home from the store, I was listening to some songs from the Sound of Music. (Geek.) It made me think of magical movie moments that make me smile, give me goosebumps, etc. I thought I'd compile a few and share them. In no particular order...

1. Sound of Music - - when Capt. Von Trapp and Maria are dancing on the terrace and they gaze into each other's eyes. She blushes.
2. Top Gun - - when she chases him in her car (he's on his motorcycle) and he pull's over and then he just grabs her a kisses her. Yummy.
3. Sleepless in Seattle - - when she's been following him and then he sees her standing in the middle of the street. That piano music plays for a few seconds. Love it.
4. An Affair to Remember - - Um, yeah, the whole movie. I can't really say, because I don't want to ruin it for you, just in case you haven't seen it. If you haven't, get it. You'll know my favorite part. It's at the end.
5. Sound of Music - - the processional when they get married. Again with the music.
6. Return to Me - - Another one where the whole movie got me. Several spots were great. I don't want to ruin them for you. See this one if you are at all a romantic sap.
7. Pretty Woman - - When they finally kiss on the lips.
8. Pretty in Pink - - Andie and Blane's first kiss. Their final one is not too shabby either.
9. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - - Another Andie. Huh. Anyway, her and Ben's connecting out at his parent's house. I love her interaction with his family.
10. When Harry Met Sally - - New Year's Eve Celebration (second one, at the end) "when you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone" speech.

There are many, many more. These are just a few that I could think of off of the top of my head. What are some of yours?

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

You are truly a romantic.

Yoda said...

That kiss in Top Gun with the "Take my Breath Away" music is one of the hottest of all time. Have you seen Chocolat?

Hmm... too tired to think now. Look for a blog entry on the subject real soon.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...