Monday, January 22

He caved - - that was fast!

I called DH at work. I whined profusely about losing my tiny square footage. Actually, I told him I was cleaning out my closet, looking for space. He told me I didn't have to give up my closet. I think he feared having to add on to the house. I used my argument about his "shop" the other day. I think I made my point. I think he was impressed that I was willing to make the sacrifice. At the very least, my closet will be cleaned out, which it needed anyway, and finished scrapbooks can go in there until I can talk him into a beautiful entertainment center in our living room. We can't buy one of those until our television goes out. (How do you short out one of those?) We are going to get one of those flat panel HD ones when this huge big screen thingy goes out. It takes up *so* much space. I like it, but again with the space.

So, the home renovations continue and I get to keep my precious little closet. Whew. Dodged that bullet. But it got me to thinking. Hmmmmm.....why *don't* I have equal square footage??? I want a whole room. Greedy, greedy. For now, I'll keep my closet and scrap with my friends. Someday, I'll have a studio like my scrapbooking idol Stacy Julian has and my friends can come over and play at my house!! Ahhhhh.... The sheer nirvana of thinking of it. I'll name that room -- Xanadu.

Back to the closet cleaning. Ugh...

1 comment:

MaierHousehold said...

I am proud of you for standing your ground! SUCKER is the first word that comes to mind about your DH! Just kidding, but not really! I am glad that he CAVED on your behalf!

Keep dreaming about your own personal scrapbooking studio! Wouldn't that be great!!!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...