Tuesday, April 28

Two sets of twins???

That's right fans. We have two sets of twins around here now. Here is the first set:


The one on the right is Moe. He is our baby. The one on the left lives four doors down from us. They are both boys, but have become fast friends. They love playing together. Weird, huh? I always thought "toms" fought. They are both neutered so I guess they figure that the other isn't a threat. They look so much alike that when I first spotted the twin, I thought it was Moe. I was about to chew him out for being so far away from home. I then realized that it wasn't Moe afterall. Moe's twin has a little more orange in his fur. Seen separately though, they look so much alike. Cameron wants to keep him. We said no. I'm pretty sure he has a home. He has, however, frequented our food dish outside. I'm sure Moe has done the same at his twin's house. I suppose I should go down to their house and meet his mommy. If our boys are going to play together, I'd like to know what kind of family we are dealing with. *giggle*

Until I find out his name, what should we call him? He has a big "M" on his forehead, too. I could look at it as a "W." OMG - - "W." Or - - Dubya. He is now Dubya, in honor of our former President. And, since he's like a "double," it just seems perfect. Dubya it is.

Here are the other twins.


Remember Cosmo from last year? I think he reproduced. These little guys are SO cute when they are little. Quite a bit pesky, but cute. Unfortunately, they grow into HUGE, ugly things.

I need names for them. I know we aren't keeping them or anything. I don't want them. But, just for grins and giggles, they get names. Mr. B wants to name them Dead and Deader. I was thinking of calling them Bartles and Jaymes. Mostly because I don't care for wine coolers at all. Any other suggestions?

I gotta go. My water is boiling. It's time for a bath. Still no water heater. Great times.

1 comment:

Yoda said...

Awww... baby opposums are adorable. I like Bartles and Jaymes.

When I was doing my research I ended up with a zillion babies and I had a really hard time keeping everyone from handling them. We were planning on returning them to the wild, so I didn't want them thinking humans were friendly or in the habit of handing out food.

They're a blast to play with when they're little too, because of those prehensile tails... it's pretty neat when they wrap it around your finger and hang on with their strikingly able forefeet.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...