Monday, April 13

Better now.

I clean when I'm scared or upset.

I cleaned.

I was upset.

Let me be clear - - I am not leading a crusade against public school teachers. I am thankful for them. I don't know where that comment (in my previous post) came from. I was pissed off because 1.) the teacher contributed to the problem and 2.) she was right there when the other kid was being mean. I think I'm entitled to say that I don't agree with a teacher's behavior without being lumped into the "B Hates Teachers and is a Difficult Parent" category.

Absolutely. Parents need to take personal responsibility. I couldn't agree with that more. It's our job to teach at home. Manners. Kindness. Etc. I try my hardest to do that. Unfortunately, not everyone else does.

I guess I just hold *Christian private preschool* to a higher standard. That includes their teachers.

Okay - - onward and upward. Because frankly, I'm ready to move on and am for the most part, over it.

The cleaning. I love to clean when I'm mad. I do a better job. I:

stripped the sheets from my bed and threw the bedspread in the washer,
put clean sheets back on the bed,
cleaned off the counter in my bathroom,
made the kids bed,
picked up stuff off of the floor in their "sleep" room,
completely cleaned off the counters in the kitchen,
threw away lots of crap,
took the trash out,
did the dishes,
swept,
steam cleaned the kitchen floor (Hoover Floormate, it's awesome on tile),
straightened the living room,
cleaned pop-tart off of the couch

and

found poop, courtesy of the cat I hate, and cleaned it up (When I finally catch her, she's back outside - - again. She snuck in. I swear I'm gonna put a hit out on that old bag.)

See? I feel better. Here is the playlist on my iPod:

We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
So What - Pink
Janie's Got a Gun - Aerosmith
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N Roses
Cum on Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot
Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliott
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Low - Flo Rida
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Dirty Diana - Michael Jackson
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
Twist and Shout - Beatles
Mambo #5 - Lou Bega
Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding
Respect - Aretha Franklin

Then that list finished. So I continued cleaning with The Beatle's 1.

Really, I feel better now. And Justin seems fine.

Just watch out, Evan. I have my eye on you.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I understand and hear ya loud and clean. Love the playlist and the "eyes on you"...lol! Have a good evening!

MaierHousehold said...

I...LOVE...IT!

Your playlist...your stuff that you got done...the fact that you are all ready "over" the situation!

J. Page said...

I love you and your attitude...This post just made me smile- Thanks!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...