Sunday, April 12

Ouchy!!!

Just a reminder to use common sense when using sharp objects.


I have a candle that was too long. I decided to cut it in half. It wouldn't budge. so, I added a little "umph" to my slicing. The candle rolled. The knife slipped and sliced my pinky finder. It doesn't look real bad, but I can assure you - - it hurt. It hurts! It stings. That top part is deep and the skin is still attached. I was going to cut the loose skin off, but I was definitely into some live skin there. No thanks. That blood below it isn't oozing from the top. That whole thing is a cut.

No need for stitches or dermabond. Just some Neosporin and a Nemo band-aid. I'm semi-good to go.

Lesson learned the hard way. I hope I remember it the next time I decide to "run with scissors."

*smacks self in the head*

2 comments:

Laura said...

We hate boo boo's around here! If Thomas were there he could give you a "Choo choo bang-aid"!

~Alison Stepp~ said...

hmmm... Ken knows all about those pesky knives....

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...