Monday, March 23

Productive Day!

I did all of the stuff I listed in the post below. Well, I got a couple of things that weren't on my grocery list. But it's done. I was rockin' out in HEB. I highly recommend shopping with your own music and earphones. I'm sure I got some laughs. I was practically dancing down the cereal aisle. When I got to the check out, the guy said, "What are you jammin' to?" I wanted to die twice when he had no idea who Quiet Riot is/was. Ugh. I told him I was gonna slug him if he didn't know who Aerosmith or Guns and Roses are. He said he knew them and that I must have an awesome playlist. That's right, young 'un. I do.

I picked the kids up and finished putting the non-cold things up. And - - I re-arranged the pantry. That's right. I'm a bad ass.

Then - - the doorbell rang. I always freak when the doorbell rings because I'm not even remotely interested in: a.) the LDS or JH faiths, b.) switching cable or electrical providers, or c.) buying over-priced crap from cute little Kindergartners. And don't judge me, I know you are thinking it, too. :-) So anyway, it was a man looking to trim hedges and do yardwork. Normally, Mr. B does this stuff around here. He was just saying yesterday how much he needed to do it. With that sinus surgery, and his wicked allergies, I knew he had no business being out there. And it needed to be done. So - - I got a quote from the guy. Done. I made an executive decision. I rarely do that. Mr. B doesn't like paying for anything that he can do himself. I totally get that. But this time - - he gets the break. The guy did a great job. Afterward, I had a very interesting coversation with him. He's another victim of this crappy economy. (He lost his job on an oil rig.) He was doing what he could to pay the bills. I respect that. I really, really respect that. As it turned out, he was also a fairly new Christian. The whole thing was just some really cool orchestration on God's part.

Mr. B wasn't even mad at me when he got home. I think he was pretty grateful that he wasn't going to have to do it.

I need to finish cleaning up from dinner and then prepare to fold laundry while I watch DWTS. I really out to just DVR it so I can skip through all of the fluff. But - - meh. And by the way, tonight's menu item was de-lish. It's a family favorite around here.

I'm done for the day. Unless something really crazy happens.

*kiss it, kiss it, smack it*

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Sorry about the deletey thingy.
I am very impressed with you B!

Melanie said...

yeah, yeah, yeah..... you're awesome...
I did actually start laundry. I even folded the first two loads. But that's where it stopped. It's Rosa's takeout and television tonight. I am hoping tomorrow is a much better day for me. You would think I wouldn't mind Monday's since I don't work... odd...

J. Page said...

Would love to try your recipe...Can you post it or send it to me on fb?? Thanks!

Momma said...

You are so awesome! I love the idea of a menu, but I always decide that I really don't want what is on the menu for that day. Let me know if it works for you!

~B said...

Oh, don't be fooled. I totally reserve the right to make last minute changes to the meal plan.

I'll type up the instructions for tonight's dinner. I just kind of "spit-ball it." Let me see if I can come up with measurements. It was an old WW recipe that has been uber-tweaked.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...