Wednesday, March 11

To my fellow hot-tubbers...

My "culture" came back today. Positive. I knew it. UTI. Good times. They are calling in an antibiotic for me. My tummy hurts just thinking about taking an antibiotic. Ugh.

And (praise God for the rain) but I have to leave my home to go pick up the medicine. I'm shooting for the drive thru pharmacy. I'm not getting out of my car. It's cold. It's raining. I shall remain in my jammies and do the crappy pharmacy. Meh.

So - - for those of you contemplating sitting in a disgusting, hot tub - - don't do it. It's a fertile breeding ground for bacteria. And for us girls, it doesn't have far to travel.

I know. TMI.

4 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Bless your heart! I seriously had NO CLUE that hot tubs weren't good for us girlies!

~B said...

This one didn't seem very clean to begin with. I *knew* better! I've heard that baths aren't good for some people. Especially those where you add stuff - - Calgon, etc. It's a shame. I'd love nothing more than a nice long soak right now. Not happening.

Yoda said...

Hot tubs are swirling cesspools of bacterial nastiness. But then again, they feel so good.

Moral of the story: Just cause it feels good, doesn't mean it's good for you. ;) Just saying.

(Sorry you feel crummy... praying it's better soon.)

Shawna said...

I am *SO* glad I didn't cave into pressure and get into that hot tub. BUT on a side note ~ I am so sorry that happened to you! :(

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...