Thursday, March 26

Just more stuff

1. Yes, I finished cutting Cam's hair. This was actually a couple of weeks ago. His daddy had the clippers out and was about to cut his own hair. Cameron said he wanted a haircut, too. Mr. B told him to go for it. That is what you saw. We knew he was doing it. It was just too cute not to post.

2. I had to vary the menu this week. Tuesday, I had a headache and had zero desire to cook. Or to smell anything cooking in my kitchen. So - - sandwiches it was. Mr. B picked up hamburgers for the kids and I ate one of them. We had the meat loaf last night. I have to tell you, that meal *always* gets rave reviews around here. All three boys love it. It makes me smile to hear Cam say, "Ummmmmmm. Dis is so good Mommy. Mmmmmmmmmm..." The. Entire. Meal. That's right. I make an edible meat loaf.

3. I am beyond over-booked this weekend. Lots going on. Two events, of which, are baby showers. I'll be honest. I still have issues with baby showers. I love my two boys more than life itself. And - - there were baby showers for both of them. With that said, I will always be jealous of any woman who is/was able to get pregnant, by whatever means, and carry a child. I will never, ever, experience pregnancy and childbirth. I think it still stings a little. My body was not able to do what I feel like it was made to do. It's an experience, no matter how painful or ridden with morning sickness, I will never get to experience. I would love to have felt my boys growing inside me. I would give anything for that. But alas, God had other plans for us. And we are way, way blessed with our two little gifts.

4. Wow. I got on a tangent. Busy weekend. Friend coming into town, a "girly" party on Friday, Western Little League's opening day on Saturday, Barlow Girl at Paul Ann on Sunday. Just lots going on.

5. I'm not doing too good with my reading. I really want to finish The Shack. I'm barely started. I'm just not a big reader. I wonder why. I guess playing in Poker tournaments online is just more important. *eyeroll* The thing is, I totally suck at Poker.

6. I have a random cell phone picture of the week. I took it yesterday. I'll post it later. Right now, I need to take a shower and I have lots of shaving to do. Legs and arms. (Yes, I totally shave my arms, I love the smooth look! Especially as the summer approaches and I get a little color.)

7. Miss Q posted something that really struck a chord with me. I don't feel comfortable in my own body anymore. I have to do something about it. The thing is, I know what to do. I know. (Read: I don't need any exercise nazi's or suggestions about how to lose weight.) I totally know how. I just have to discipline myself to do it. I'm not joining the gym for now. Just not going to do it. I'm thinking I'm going to start using the stair climber today. We have one in our bedroom. Once the kids are settled this afternoon, I'm going to go for it. I'll let you know how it goes. I need to use the Wii Fit, too. That definitely has to wait for the kids being gone. They always want to play, too. It just isn't conducive to get out when the kids are around.

Okay. To the shower now.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...