That's right. I am Mayor of Suckville right now. Our freakin' washer broke. Again. I can't remember when it broke the last time. I tried looking through some old posts but I couldn't find it. Remember my drama about going to the laundromat, it starting to hail while I was there, the college dude spraying his poop stain in his underwear with stain remover... Remember all of that?
It's broke again.
And the estimate to fix it is about $500 (parts and labor.)
I am freaking out. For three reasons:
1. I am leaving town Thursday morning. My day is packed enough as it is tomorrow. Now I need to do a few loads of laundry. I loaded the van with most of my scrapbook stuff today. So, there's one thing done. I still have a couple of things to add. But the hard part is done. It pays to prepare.
2. The last time, it took FOREVER to fix the washer. I'm thinking we went without one for about a month. I remember thinking that I would never take my washer for granted ever again. I did. Luckily, I was doing the last load when it broke. So - - we have clean clothes. But still...
3. Mr. B thinks we probably need to just buy a new one. This one requires bullets.
- Mr. B doesn't buy anything fast.
- Mr. B researches the heck out of anything before he purchases it.
- Mr. B then thinks about the research.
- Mr. B thinks some more about the research.
- Mr. B tells Mrs. B to go look and find something that might work for us.
- Mrs. B looks. Doesn't care too much. Picks something out.
- Mr. B researches that choice to the n'th degree.
- Mr. & Mrs. B have a functioning dryer. These things look nicer in pairs.
- Mrs. B gets frustrated when something spills on clothes and they can't be immediately put in the washer.
- Mrs. B ends up at the laundromat with crazy people.
1 comment:
I research everything, too, and I think I spent about a month shopping around for a washer and dryer about two years ago. I was torn between the Samsung, Bosch and LG Tromm front-loading washer and dryers. I did a little more research and found out that all three motors were manufactured by the same people - and the LG Tromm was about $1,000 less for the pair. We got ours at Best Buy, and they delivered and installed them for only $35. They have a great extended warranty, too. Keep in mind you do have to buy the drawer stands for the front-loaders, unless you don't mind bending over to get the clothes out. But it's extra storage, so that's a plus. I am really happy with the LG brand - plus they have that whole steam sanitizing feature that rocks! :)
Post a Comment