Look what Mr. B bought me today...
I wasn't sure he'd go for it. But he did.I listed the pros for him. (I didn't see *any* cons.)
He found a con. When he went with me in Michaels, he saw the price of the cartridges. *gasp* I assured him that I'd *never* paid full price for a cart. I don't think I have. He said, "Huh, you have 8 cartridges?" (By the way, he's good with numbers and knew automatically what 8 translated to in $$. Eeeek!) In my defense, my mom gave me one and one came with the Cricut.
I assured him that purchasing a juke box would prolong the life of the carts and the Cricut. He's a good man and let me part with one.
It holds six. So for now, I will have to pick my favorite six. No problem. I can do that and save some $$ to purchase a second one.
Life is good.
11 comments:
I was reading your post. I read Stephanie's and I saw your title on her fed.
Anyway to bad I hadn't read your blog earlier if you had mentioned the cricut before. My husband found me a machine that personally I think is 100x better than a cricut, plus no cartridges!
Its called a CraftRobo. Looks like a printer. You just plug it into your computer and it comes with a computer program. You can make anything with it. Any kind of font, size. You can take a photo and make a border for it, or background. You can take an image off the internet and with a bit of tweaking (to put it into the program) you can cut out that image. You can even make vinyl stickers which is way cool. I love this thing. I know if I had a Cricut I would love it too.
Stephanie was actually teasing my husband that he should buy me the Cricut and he found the CraftRobo instead. I love it because I can do anything with out a cartridge. I was scared of learning the program but its very easy. I only have to buy cutting mats and blades (which last a long time). It's real nice.
Anyway had to share from one crafty person to another. Sorry I am a weirdo stranger haha.
I don't have a blog but you can reach me at akberrie@gmail.com
I just bought a jukebox too. It is/was my last year and this year's birthday gift to Oph. Yay us!
Amanda - - I seriously considered getting a Wishblade, which does the same as the CraftRobo. It was just so expensive! I look at what I've paid for all of my stuff and I guess I could have done the WB. Just not all at once. I'm hearing of some software (other than the Cricut software) that you can buy that will make your Cricut cut TT fonts.
In the meantime, I'm pretty happy with the Cricut. It beats the heck out of using a Sizzix!
Is post supposed to make sense to me??
Cammie - - huh? Your comment confused the heck out of me.
there is software. at this time on the first monday back to work i cant remember what it is. When I am back on my own laptop tomorrow I will look it up and send it to you.... I think it runs like $100 dollars or somehting and will allow you to cut any TT font you have downloaded... I see possibilities!
Yes any cutting machine is pretty sweet to have. The hubby got the CraftRobo for me because he figured I would be spending just as much in cartridges eventually anyway. Plus where he got it, it wasn't that much more than a Cricut. I am pretty much in love with this thing. Even hubby likes it haha. Thats pretty amazing for him to be interested in it.
OK, Becky,
Here it is in plain English...
I don't scrapbook.
I have never heard of a Cricut.
What is it and what does it do?
:)
It is a die-cutting machine. Letters, shapes, etc. It will be awesome to use for school projects and stuff.
Why does it need cartridges?
http://www.cricut.com/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
The cartridges have different fonts on them. Or shapes. Look at this site and see if it helps.
Post a Comment