Wednesday, March 25

And so it begins. Again.

I was leery about proceeding with my plans. I needed to exchange some shoes for Justin at Academy. This is my view, heading there. I called Mr. B from the parking lot and asked if I needed to go home or was it safe to proceed. It's north of us. Go ahead and go in.

I was about to pull in and park behind this fart-knocker. Exactly how many spaces do SPV's need? It irritated me. I moved to another spot.

When I got out of the store, this is what I found. Just a little rain, right? I won't melt.

(I'm quite certain I'm not made of any sugar. Just spice.)

This was taken shortly after I completely hauled arse down Southwest. Pea sized hail. This was when I began my freak-out session.

The USPS. They really do deliver under said circumstances. I didn't stop to gather my mail. It can wait.


I am now safe at home. But I'm not kidding about the freak out. Ask my mom. I was on the phone with her my whole way down Southwest. I told her I needed her to "talk me off the edge." I was driving *very fast.*

Whew.

With that - - I give you this season's first:


Anytime you see my furry friend, The Cowardly Lion, you'll know that I am skeered. He frequents my blog during storm season.

I'm not scared anymore. Just hungry. Time to fix me some lunch.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Cory is in San Angelo currently playing golf at Bentwood.

I am so glad you made it home safely!

Yoda said...

I dang near had a heart attack myself with that first clap of thunder... I immediately worried about you. I had no idea you were *out in it*.

MaierHousehold said...

This is just crazy! It's getting to be that time of year! Not that you need to be reminded!

I was on the phone with a customer when I heard a loud clap of thunder...I think I scared the customer!

Melanie said...

Okay, so, I too am a wiener when it comes to bad weather. I was happy when we moved away from Tornado Alley, but now we get hurricanes. Which suck as bad as tornadoes. Seriously. :/

redfox1218 said...

Silly nerd! but I understand, I hate driving in heavy rain and I hate really strong storms that could be dangerous. I like a nice thunderstorm now and then, but like really heavy wind, no good.

You should have seen me with the hurricanes. Augh, total basket case!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...