Please be in prayer for my husband.
He broke his nose *way* back in junior high. It was a bad break, but never went to the doctor.
His allergies are really bad and he just can't breathe through his nose. He really can't smell anything. I talked him into seeing an ENT late last year. Mostly for the allergy thing. During allergy season, he sleeps with kleenex shoved up his nose. I know, gross. The doc looked up his nose and was like, "Yikes!" He asked Mr. B what happened...
Jump to yesterday. He finally went in for his follow up. (They had him do a CAT scan after his first appointment.) Sweet fancy Moses. Bad break. That's an understatement. The break was in sort of a Z shape. Which indicates a couple of breaks. On one side, the bone is actually protruding into his sinus cavity. No wonder he's so jacked up.
So - - sinus surgery and rhinoplasty it is. He is scheduled for March 10th. They will have to actually break his nose again. *shudder* Then they will have to pack it and stuff. *more shuddering* He will be pretty bruised under his eyes and around his nose for seven to ten days. He is most worried about the bruising scaring the boys. (Me? I'd be scared about shoving stuff up my nose and crying to the point of calling out, "Mommy!")
I hope this helps with his snoring issue. Maybe I can talk him into putting a rush on buying some recliners. I think he just might want to sleep in one for a few days after the surgery.
Thanks in advance for the prayers.
8 comments:
Oh my....it's our own Dr. 90210!
I hate that he'll have to go through this, but if it helps YOU sleep better at night...Praise God!
I'll start the prayers!
We will definitely be praying. Let me know what we can do to help with kids, etc.
Wow, poor guy! I'll keep ya'll in my prayers!
I had a friend in Lewisville have the sinus surgery and the packing. Her bruising was bad. I know he will be glad when it's all over. Will we recognize him, you think?
I've watched the exact thing on Dr. 90210. Jim and I LOVE that show. However, the nose jobs just creep up out. Watching them break someone's nose just, oh man, looks SO painful. Golly. Poor Mr. B! And yes, he will be bruised. Just seeing the patients on the show makes me sudder. Ugh. I bet it will help with his snoring.
How is the world did he break his nose THAT bad???
He was playing football with some friends. No helmets or anything. Just a friendly game. He came up and rammed right into a guys chest. He said it bled pretty bad at the time.
Wow -- sorry to hear it for y'all Beck. Patrick went through the very same thing about 10 years ago when he caught a softball with his face. He had had several breaks before that and had to go the surgery route after that last one. But, at least they didn't have to re-break it. He just let the softball do that for him! Poor Mr. B.! Buy frozen peas for an ice pack. They work best. Call me for support!
Amy
Oh my! I'm sure it will help tremendously with all kinds of breathing and snoring and allergy stuff. It is for the best! And hey, nose job thrown in not so bad! (not that his nose was ugly to begin with, in fact I've never even seen Mr. B)
Ok anyway consider prayers said!
Post a Comment