It was BUSY!!!
Cameron and I slept until 9:00 or so. Then I got the boys ready and took them to Parent's Day Out. We got there about 10:20. They stayed and played until 3:00. And they had a BLAST!!!
Mr. B.? His only job today was working on the bathroom. He is doing such a good job! He has limited time to work on it, so I told him to work away and I'd handle the Christmas shopping solo.
Me - - Christmas shopping. Well, first stop, Starbucks. Then, finishing the shopping. I did it! Well, we have one more gift to order online, but that's Mr. B.'s job. I did it. Stockings, Santa, everything. I rock! Now is it wrapped? *insert Santa chuckle here* No. I'll work on that on Monday or Wednesday when they are at Mother's Day Out.
I was prepared for the crowds, the wind (it was brutal) and just the sheer craziness of making sure I had each child on an even gift number. I even had a minor pitstop to make at the grocery store for some items for fajitas tonight. For the most part, that was uneventful. Well, except for stumbling upon a pair of lesbians making out on the chip aisle. *wretch* I don't like seeing anybody make out. Definitely not two females. When I told Mr. B. about them, he was like, "Oh, cool!" Not cool. Not the image he has conjured up in his male brain. They weren't, how shall I say this? Ummmm, real attractive. Later though, I discovered that they were funny. We both walked up to the same short lane at the check out at the same time. I, admitted defeat and told them to go ahead. But no. She insisted that we rock, paper, scissors for it. Okay, cool. I'm always up for a fun game. I chose rock, she chose paper. Crap! I conceded and found another lane. I discovered that the lesbians were pretty cool. (They probably totally thought that I was one of them. You know - - my short haircut just implies...) Did I just really say all of that?
I came home, put everything away and picked up the boys. We took a trip to Sonic for some happy hour slushes and then home. I prepped the fajita meat, made some guacamole and cleaned the kitchen. Before I knew it, it was dinner time and then off again.
We went to the Santa Fe Depot to see Santa. And the cool trains. My dad went with us and we had a great time. I'd share pictures, but - - I got the idea that they would make the perfect Christmas card for us. So - - you'll have to wait. When we got home, I got the kids in bed and then off to make our digital Christmas cards. Thank you, Sam's Club. Our cards turned out pretty cute. I'll pick them up tomorrow and hopefully get them in the mail sometime this week.
Tonight, I'm chilling. And to bed before too long. I might peruse a scrapbook magazine or two first. I might watch SNL first. One of my favorite actors, Hugh Laurie from House is hosting. I love him. Seriously - - he's on my list. I wonder if he is just as sarcastic in real life...
Okay - - I've been chatty enough. I hope your Saturday has been awesome.
One more thing - - I need you to pray for Kim's oldest. She broke her foot today on one of those bouncy things. Big A is just a doll and I hate to see her have to go through this.
Alright, I'm seriously outta here now.
*smooches*
3 comments:
What a fun day you had! That is awesome, hooray for parents day out, they don't have that around here. BOOOO!
I can't wait to see your digital card...hint hint. ;)
Wow, Big A broke her FOOT at the bounce house during PDO??? How sad, give her and Kimmy hugs, pls.
Shawna - e-mail me your address.
Thanks for the well wishes! Shawna...I feel your hugs here!!!
Post a Comment