Thursday, December 11

Hi

Late *evening* blogging here. I really want to be in bed by midnight, so I'll keep this short. I just wanted you "fans" to have a little reading material for your coffee in the morning. (I aim to please.) Besides, I didn't want you to have to read about my ear wax while you are drinking your coffee. Oops! Now you read about it. Sorry.

Today's mail. It was a good day for me. Not so good for Mr. B. He walked down to our box (Yeah, our box is at the end of the block. It sucks. Lazy postal service. They raise the rates and then make me hike to retrieve bills and such. Life just isn't fair.) and - - he came home griping. Mostly stuff for me. Christmas cards (one addressed to just me) and one for the family. And... my new issue of Creating Keepsakes. I *always* get a little revved up when a scrapbooking magazine arrives. Kind of sad, but the truth.

What I want to discuss are Christmas card letters. I know some of you do these. And - - yay for you. Just not my thing. Okay? Don't get all defensive with me. Write your fancy letter. Me? Not so much. I actually read the few I receive. However, I was shocked by one I received today. Two things. One - - that we actually got a letter from said person. We barely know them. And two - - the improper use of there/their. It irks me when this is done wrong. And I KNOW I've surely done it. It's just that, well, when you are going on about your newly acquired masters degree, it would help to really proof read your document. I'm just sayin'.

Now - - I know some of you Christmas letter writers are guffawing at me right now. Sorry. It's just never been necessary for my family. We're all - - right here. Sort of. Any of us that count keep in pretty regular touch with each other. Or - - they look at our website or my blog and are pretty well informed about or "goings-on." I don't count our family's "Cousin Eddie." He's off playing cowboy right now anyway. Long story. And one best saved for another day.

Okay. I really need to quit while I'm ahead.

I'll talk about my holiday decorating pet-peeves later. Any of you remember them?

Only one for now - - HANG YOUR CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP STRAIGHT!!!

Okay, that felt good. It's nice to yell every now and then.

*smooches*

(That wasn't so short, was it?)

1 comment:

MaierHousehold said...

I am still laughing! You have such a way with words!

I feel your pain!

:0)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...