Monday, December 15

{Melt My Heart}

I must be doing something right.

Other than it's 10:00 and my kids are still awake...

I was "encouraging" Cameron to go back to bed. He starts in with one of his stall tactics. "I'm scared." This isn't new to his or his brother's repertoire. And, it's likely the oldest one in the book. (We've also heavily used "one more hug" and "I'm thirsty." As I pushed a little harder to get his little bum in bed, he tells me again. "I'm scared." This is where Justin said, "Mommy, I was scared, too. But I talked to God about it and it's all better."

That's where I melted.

I've been telling him this for quite some time now. I told him to tell his brother about it. As I walked out of their room, I could hear Justin telling Cameron about praying to God when you are scared.

It made me put the spanking spoon away.

I need to ask God to take my anger away when they frustrate me.

I love those boys.

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

**sniffle**

Isn't funny??? If only we could all remember to turn to God when we are scared! You should be so proud of your boys!!

Liz said...

I am so proud of you.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...