...ever had to take a three year old boy (who finally stands to pee) into a port-a-potty?
A couple of problems.
1. He is not tall enough to use the urinal. It doesn't matter how much he tries to "stretch" it. It isn't going to reach over the edge. I had to balance my purse, *our* bottle of diet coke, lift him up and not touch anything. I wasn't about to set anything down in there. "Aim for the hole", I kept encouraging. I did NOT want his pee on my hands, his clothes, my purse, etc.
Did you know they had urinals in those things? I didn't.
and...
2. There are no facilities for washing your hands after leaving that poo filled little house.
A HUGE thank you to the sweet lady in the stink trap next to me. She had some hand sanitizer for both Cam and me. Wasn't that nice of her? I thought so.
If I was certain I wouldn't have gotten caught, I'd have issued him a public urination pass and let him exercise his right as a card carrying member of that "Y" chromosome and let him pee where ever he could point that thing in the great outdoors. But alas, my fear of being ticketed got the better of me.
I'll post more about our trip to Fort Concho later. Right now, I'm off to finish the last chapter of New Moon.
Later.
5 comments:
I hate porta potties. We make a practice not to use them whenever possible. I have been known to just turn my back and pretend that I didn't know the kid peeing on the tree, grass, tire, or whatever else was around. I think Mr. B could become a millionaire if he could come up with a self cleaning porta potty with a hand washing station
Oh my gosh, the LAST CHAPTER of New Moon???!!! I am so behind!!! :(
Finished it. There is a "teaser" in the back of the book for Eclipse. It won't be here until Tuesday.
Get to reading so we can discuss.
The really nice porta potties have a hand washing station with water and soap! You pump the water with your foot and, if you're lucky, there are paper towels with which to dry your hands :)...maybe those are just 'big city' porta potties!
I had a similar experience with Thomas. What bothered him most was there wasn't anywhere to flush ~ which is a reward of sorts for using the potty and not wetting his pants!
Post a Comment