If I didn't have to get back out tonight -- I wouldn't care.
Cam and I had to go to Wally World this morning. I know - - oh joy. A trip to the big "W" with my three year old. In the drizzle. And getting colder. And - - Wal-Mart. I can think of about eleventy-billion things I'd rather have been doing.
I needed some cereal, a "finger food" to take to a holiday open house tonight and a couple of other things. I'm still a little sore from the pulled muscle, so I decided that simplicity was the answer for the finger food. I'm talking cream cheese with the hot jelly on it and wheat thins. Simple, huh? Does it count that I bought a holiday tray to put it on? I know. I took the wimpy way out. Meh.
Wal-Mart was, for the most part, uneventful.
Some of the FLDS ladies and their children were there. (They are *very* recognizable in their pastel dresses and hair all done the same way.) One of the little boys looked right at me. I smiled. I smiled big at him - - just hoping to get one in return. Nothing. And it broke my heart. In a society where they proclaim to be loving and happy - - they sure are stereo-typing anyone that doesn't believe as they do. Those children are taught to mis-trust. I hate that.
I'm still waiting for Eclipse to get here. Tomorrow. I shall start reading after church tomorrow night.
Not much else.
*smooches*
1 comment:
I hope you have a great time tonight! I hate that I have priorities that are taking me away! Have a few nibbles of finger food for me! :0)
Post a Comment