Thursday, July 12

Recognized!

I got a blog award 'yall!  How cool is that?


Eleventy billion thanks to Traci over at Writer's Corner. Traci is a creative writing teacher.  But even better - - a writer herself.  And a dang good one.  She is someone that I'm actually grateful to Facebook for making a re-connection possible.  We were in youth group together in high school and then spent a short amount of time at the same university.  She is a faithful friend and someone I completely trust.  Go check out her blog.  Tell her I sent ya.  Ask her about Darcy.  She loves her fur child.  (Cutest dog ever. Seriously.)

The award comes with conditions/rules.  Here they are:

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to the awarding blog.
2.  Answer seven questions about yourself.
3.  Provide ten random factoids about yourself.
4.  Give the award to others.  (It said seven.  But I'm going to be a rebel on that one.)

Questions about me:

1.  Favorite song?  Beauty of the Cross by Jeff Johnson

2.  Favorite dessert?  Chocolate Fudge Cake

3.  What do you do when you are upset?  Haha.  Just blogged about it.  Depends on the level of upset-ness and who the perp is.  If it's a nagging thing, I internalize and then let it out in a passive aggressive manner.  If it's my husband, I usually stew and then let it blow over.  If someone hurts my kids - - I lose my mind.  Writing is definitely an outlet for me when I'm upset.  I also listen to a lot of music.

4.  Favorite pet?  Gus, my cat.  Here he is licking my face while I was trying to take a Sunday afternoon nap.  He loves me.  I'm certain that I'm his person.


5.  White or whole wheat?  Whole wheat.  A change I've made in the past year.

6.  Biggest fear?  I have three.  Tornadoes, Snakes and Puke

7.  General attitude?  Usually happy.  I love to laugh and I love to make those around me laugh.

10 Random Factoids:

1.  I am a total weirdo with my hair.  I'd grow it out if I weren't impatient.  But I also promised my grandfather, before he passed away, that I would never grow my hair long again.  He loved how it goes to a point in the back.  I do wear it super short.  I don't care if anyone thinks I should grow it out.  It's my head.  And my head is happy with short hair.  I get it cut every two weeks.  It shan't touch my ears.  And Opa loved it.  So there.

2.  I had LASIK eye surgery a few years ago.  It was one the best things I've ever done for myself.

3.  I have become a coffee snob.  No longer will I drink Folger's or any other crap they sell in a can at the grocery store.  I prefer to buy beans and then have them ground.  I absolutely love Guatemalan blends.

4.  I really need to lose about sixty pounds.  Yep, sixty.  It's a lot of work for someone who hates exercise and loves food.  But it desperately needs to be done for my health.

5.  I LOVE to get massages.  Full body massages.  So much that I might call and book one for later this week or next week.  I haven't had one in a while and I want/need one bad.  The tension in my neck is awful right now and that disc problem in my lower back is giving me fits.  I need to go.  Period.

6.  I have a total aversion to the smell of rosemary.  It's bad.  Mr. B is only allowed to cook with it when I'm out of town.

7. I don't like to talk on the phone.  At all.  Short conversations where you can get straight to the point?  Heck yeah.  But long drawn out, do I have to listen to you have conversations with your kids while I'm on the phone with you?  No.  Hang up.  Hang up now.

8.  Sarcasm/snark are my native tongue.  I hate wasting it on people that don't get it.  But I do.  That's helpful.  I have to be careful because it can (and does) hurt feelings.  So I must be wise when using it.  Sometimes it just comes out though and I can't help it.  I won't apologize.  It is who I am.

9.  I have a sister.  But I don't have a sister.  It is the most messed up, dysfunctional situation ever.  We rarely talk.  And we both seem to be fine with that.  I don't even know her anymore.  She is a total different person than the girl I grew up with.  It's sad because I always thought sisters were best friends.  Not the case here.  And I feel cheated because of it.

10.  I really feel compelled to tell you that I am a Conservative Republican.  I'll bet that most of you knew this already.  But just in case I have new fans, I wanted to get it back out there.  And this just in...  I don't "not like" Obama because he's black.  I am offended when I'm lumped into that category.  White folk who don't like him are just racist.  WRONG!  At least for me.  I don't care what color he is.  I'm not a fan of his and I will be voting Republican this fall.  I'm sick of the generalizations and labels each side is painting each other.


Oh, oh, OH!  This just in.  Refer to question number 6 in questions about me.  I just killed a snake on our back porch.  This brings the count to 12.  That's right 12 of those bastages have take up residence on my back porch.  Kill me now.  I was brave though.  I hacked him up.  How did I find him? I went out to call Gus inside for the night and Gus was EATING him.  Not sure which level of hell Dante would consider this.  I'm thinking the 9th Circle with Satan himself.  *shudder*

Okay - - now for my awards:

Working For Vacation

My Life with 3 Boys

The Finn Diaries

Enjoy!  And thanks again, Traci.  This was fun.  And it really helped my pissy mood that I was in earlier.



3 comments:

Traci B said...

Yay, Becky - thank YOU for those sweet comments about me and my blog! Loved reading your answers (your #7 and #9 fit me completely, too, how eerie!).

Eeew, snakes! Yep - we get 'em here, too - baby copperheads. Found one in the house years ago, haven't felt completely safe since. Egads.

Kristina said...

That was fun reading about things I didn't know about you. I liked your answers and some of our answers would be very close to the same. :)

~becky said...

:D

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...