Monday, July 30

Day Four at the Cabin

Today was a touch lazier.

I was right.  I woke up pretty sore from that hike.  If I'd been smart, I would have gone and done it again.  Instead, I was lazy.  I played three games of Candyland with Cameron.  He beat me two out of three games.


I sat out on the deck for a while trying to get a good picture of the hummingbirds feeding.  This was about the best one I got.  Keep in mind, I only have my little point and shoot with me.



We finished the evening off with watching The Bourne Supremacy.  I think Mom and Dad are hooked now.  One more to go.

I was getting ready for bed when my nose started running.  I went to wipe it only to realize that it wasn't snot.  It was blood.  I had a gusher coming out of my right nostril.  A common occurance for me at this altitude.  Got it under control, the kids are close to asleep and I am not far behind them.  Tomorrow we are going to White Sands National Monument.

The time away has been relaxing and peaceful.

I won't lie though - - I sure miss Mr. B.  And I'm not the only one.

Check back tomorrow for more adventures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time. And jealous. But mostly glad.

Shawna said...

What a wonderful vacation. I'm so jealous of the cooler temps! Enjoy your stay and loving the daily blog.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...