Well, it's actually closer to noon. It matters not. I am in a much better mood today than I was yesterday. I FB'd about it a little. Here's the deets:
When we bought the van, just before I pulled it off the lot, I noticed a crack in the windshield. I don't know how we missed it during our looking over before we bought process. But it was there nonetheless. So - - the dealer agreed to replace it.
Here's where things went "sour." Although we didn't know that at the time. The molding/trim pieces are one time install things. When they come out, no matter how carefully, the clips will break. Let me repeat. They WILL break. They lasted a while when replaced before. Then a few months ago, Mr. B mentioned to me that they appeared loose and I really ought to get Honda to take a look at them.
Okay.
I called and explained the problem. They wanted to send the van back over to the glass place that put the windshield in. I had one other warranty thing that needed fixing, so I was told to expect to go without the van for a day. School had just ended and I had a crazy-busy schedule for about the first three weeks of the summer and going without wasn't going to work.
Basically - - I let it slide.
Fast forward to about two weeks ago. One of the trim pieces came off during a car wash. Crap. My hand was forced.
I went straight to the dealership and showed them. They ordered the part and we scheduled the work.
Very long story short - - they have ordered the wrong part. Twice now. Twice. I spent an hour and fifteen minutes in there yesterday, with my unwilling kids, and got NOTHING done. (The other warranty thing got fixed during the first appointment where I went without the van for the whole day. Thank goodness.) Five minute fix for the trim pieces? That's what I was told. I'd be in and out. Right.
I seldom lose my cool in these type of service situations. I'm kind. I was raised that way. Kill them with kindness. You attract more flies with honey. *insert about a thousand other cliches here* But this was the last straw. I lost my mind. I went off. I'm not proud of the fact that I did this. But I did. It's not my intention to operate this way ever again. With that said - - I got things done. The necessary parts have been ordered. All of them. I have a promise to get a notification phone call as soon as the parts are in. I've been promised a full detail and a tank of gas. They were more than accommodating. I'm sure they were like, "Holy crap! Soccer mom has lost her dang mind." It was that bad, 'yall.
So. I will get to drop off Penny for a third time regarding this trim thing. I will have to go without her for at least half the day. Probably the whole day. I will have to make arrangements to have someone to pick me up and and take me back to get it. It's a pain. So if they want to do some extras for me to make up for their craptastic service in the past - - fine. I'll let them. I am giving them the opportunity to make this right.
Now, if you're still here with me and listening to this nonsense about my van - - wow. You are a good friend/fan. Because I believe in paying it forward and not into sour grapes - - I'm going to do a give-a-way. Yep. You read that right. I will give away a $5 gift card to either Sonic or Starbucks. You get to choose. All you have to do is tell me (in a comment below) that you read that whole lame story and now you'd like your gift card. You have until Tuesday at noon to do this. You can comment as often as you want. But your name only goes into the drawing one time. Friends, family, fans - - have at it. I'll post the results when I draw.
By the way - - a margarita and a visit with a very good friend cured all that ailed me last night. Thanks, Shawna!!!
2 comments:
I read it all. Like always :)
Glad my awesome sister love helped your day be better...she is great at that!!
I don't want the gift card, but DAYUM if I wouldn't have paid to see THAT show!! ;-)
Post a Comment