Monday, May 17

Tired.

First of all - - I watch WAY too much television.  When you have to use flowcharts and graphs to figure out how to best manipulate the DVRs in order to accommodate all of your shows - in one evening - then something is weird.

Season Finale of Survivor - it was last night.  It's always on a Thursday.  But the finale is always on a Sunday.  And it's always three hours long.  My Sunday night is already packed.  So this really messed things up.  I *had* to watch it.  Either that or stay off the television or computer until I did.  Because spoilers pop up everywhere.  From FB statuses to a commercial talking about the check presentation.  I thought it was good.  But I'm glad it's over.  I am SO glad that Russell didn't win.  Could that man *be* any more full of himself?  I can't stand him.  He is textbook narcissistic.  Talk about delusional.  Way to go, Sandra!

Season Finale of Desperate Housewives - also last night.  Okay, I watched it.  But after I'd already taken my Ambien.  So I don't remember most of it.  I do remember it being slow, predictable and quite lame.  The writers really need to step it up a notch if they want their fans to hang in there with them.

Season Finale of Brothers & Sisters - another last nighter.  Oh. My. Gosh.  I knew it was coming.  I just wasn't prepared for the ending.  The whole show was pretty slow.  But the last ten minutes.  I cried.  Yes, I cried.  I'd heard for a while that Rob Lowe is leaving the show.  But still.  Robert and Kitty.  :(  It ripped my heart out.  I've heard that in the fall, they are advancing the show one year.  Lots of loose ends to tie up.  This is definitely one of two of my favorite shows on television.  The other being The Good Wife.  But that's on Tuesdays.

Armywives - also last night.  But dvr'd.  Even I have my limits.

The Tudors - last night.  Also recorded.  Again with the limits.  Last night was about priorities.  I paid attention in history.  So I know the dealio.  Divorced, behead, dead, divorced, behead...  We just saw the last wife that was be-headed last week.  So, on with King Edward's getting old and nastier.  That can wait until later this week.

See - - I told you I watch a lot of television.  Too much.  And that was just Sunday night!

I stayed up too late and I am tired today.  Very, very tired.  I've had one cup of coffee already and I'm just not feeling it.  Time to pour another cup, wake the little up and get him ready for preschool.  His last day is Thursday.  Then that's it.  Our preschool days are over.

Where is the time going?

I have an idea.

Stupid television.

5 comments:

Yoda said...

That's why I am SO limited on the TV I watch. I know I am missing some good stuff, but I just can't fit any more in.

I watched 7 hours of SFU last night/yesterday... cause it's not like I have 30 hours of recorded stuff to watch. LOL

And I officially broke up with Survivor this season. I will say this: the only part of the show I miss is Jeff, and I miss him so much that I know it can't be healthy. If he ever calls, I am so outta here. ;)

MaierHousehold said...

I too was thankful that Russel didn't win! HE TOTALLY 100% GROSSES ME OUT!

Now that Amazing Race is over I don't have any shows on Sunday night to watch.

Next season looks like it might be pretty good...considering the location.

Shawna said...

I'm sooo glad Russell, the butt-munch, didn't win. That is all I cared about. He pissed me off every Thursday. Twisted, crazy man.

Does this tell you the mood I'm in???

Traci B said...

Agreed - SO glad Russell didn't win. Loved the look on his face when Sandra did. Go, girl!!

I, too, watch wayyyy too much t.v., but I love it. Survivor, American Idol, Desperate Housewives (meh), Justified, LOST, 24...

And here's my summer schedule thus far: Big Brother, Bachelorette, Mad Men...

Yay, t.v. I know I should be embarrassed to like it so much, but I don't. It's entertainment - temporary escape from some daily drudgery. *shrugs*

Kristina said...

I so glad Russell didn't win and I loved that Sandra threw his hat in the fire! She should have won the million for that stunt alone...lol

Now that Survivor is over, I only have "Parenthood" on Tuesday nights to watch, so unless it's a DVD, we won't be watching too much TV and it's one of the reasons we don't have TIVO or DVR because that's all we would do. It kind of like, we don't know what we've missed if we don't watch...KWIM?

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...