Tuesday, May 11

Mr. Gatti's

I hate this place.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Their game room scares me to death, their food is sub-par and I freak out at the thought of touching anything in there.  It's a whole bottle of germ-x waiting to happen when we get in the car.

I will, however, take one for the team when it comes to the kids.  If they are invited to a birthday party there, we'll go.  But as far as just looking for a fun place to take the fam for an "eat-out?"  No.

The boys were invited to a friend's birthday party there this past Saturday.  They had a really good time.  And so did I.  Until Cam had to go to the bathroom.  I won't let him go in the men's room unattended yet.  No way.  Especially not in what would be a child molester's paradise.  I made sure I went before we left.  But Cam's tiny bladder couldn't make it any longer.  So, in we went.

I thought I was going to die!  The filth was beyond imagination.  Actual filth.  In the sink and on the counter tops.  And the floor.  *gag*  It was DISGUSTING in there.  Enough that I made a phone call to the city health department today to report them.  It will be my mission in life to get that joint either cleaned up or freakin' shut down.

Then it hit me.  I want to do restaurant reviews.  I want to be someone, other than an official from the health department, that dines in them and then writes reviews for the public to read.  How was the food?  How was the service?  Was the restaurant clean?  Was there anything in my food that shouldn't be there?  (On that note, don't get Mr. B started on CiCi's Pizza.  Let's just say that something short and curly was in his pizza crust.  We don't eat there now.)

What do you think?  I would love it if I could get the paper to pay me to do it.   Some health inspection reports that were posted lately freaked a lot of people, myself included, out.  How fun would it be to do this anonymously!  Maybe it would make these places straighten up a bit.

On that note - - what's for dinner tonight?  Eating out?  I'd think twice if I were you.  Some people don't wash their hands.

We're having meat loaf.  A family favorite.  It's good to be us.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

ohhhh. I can see you in this role...BEWARE of Becky!!

Shawna said...

I'd LOVE to see you review them! Go for it!!!

MaierHousehold said...

I love it!
I would totally read your reviews.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...