You know that she sounds absolutely hideous in person, right? Did you see her performance with Stevie Nicks, on the MTV awards, I think? If not, google that stuff.
It's ok... if you've been listening to her studio stuff, then you can't be blamed. It's catchy and they use that autotune technology to make it sound as though she can sing.
Have your fling, but soon... you need to go to rehab. Very soon. Before you're lost forever. ;)
That's good stuff right there. Go ahead. Schedule my intervention now. BTW - did you see her on Crossroads on CMT? She was matched up with Def Leppard. Sweet mother of pearl. It was awful.
Y'all are baggin' on a good kid. I like her music (helps that I have girls that like to listen her) and I loved the Crossroads with Def Leppard (even bought it for Mike for Christmas). She donated $100,000 to the Red Cross for flooding in Iowa in 2008 and $500,000 recently to Nashville for their flood relief. I don't think you'll need rehab - just my two cents. I'm sure y'all will think I need an intervention.
I never said she was a bad person. Are we determining her talents by the good deeds she's performed? That doesn't make much sense. Did she deserve to be interrupted by that asshat Kanye when she was given that award? No. But should she get musical accolades because she donated to a few causes that other people have also contributed to? Not necessarily.
She seems like a good kid. But I don't know enough about her to vouch for her.
I haven't been exposed to her music much. I don't have girls. While we're on the subject, I'm not a big Miley Cyrus fan either. Nothing against her, just never hopped on that whole Hannah Montana thing.
I know you shouldn't judge someone's singing ability by the good deeds they do. I was just saying I didn't think it was a bad thing to admit you listened to her music. I will admit that Sonya and I watched Hannah Montana when it came out. I guess it does help when you have girls in the house - I don't see your boy's or Yoda's probably asking to watch HM, Wizards, or iCarly. I guess it goes to show how God knows what's best for us (you don't do the mushy/girlie drama and I don't think I could do the transformers. Please know I'm not baggin' on you - just didn't think you needed to be spanked. Mr. B may disagree but for a different reason!
I agree that her songs are catchy (even if they are predictable and sophomoric in my opinion, but given her age, that's forgivable) and that the studio recordings of them sound decent. However, I have watched her on numerous shows where the performances have been live and I stand by the fact that I think her singing is generally off key - significantly so.
The Stevie Nicks duet was painful and she took heavy criticism for it by people far more knowledgeable than myself.
As far as what type of humanitarian she is... of that I have no knowledge, nor any need to know in order to form an opinion about her singing, though I am glad to hear she is contributing. However, I have talked to two separate people (musicians) who have met her at various music festivals and mentioned that they thought she came across as an elitest, arrogant, spoiled brat. I can neither confirm nor deny their opinion, but again it's not relevant to my opinion of her music either way. I have no opinion of her as a person.
I stand by my comparison of her to Twilight... Twilight is a light, fluffy, entertaining read that especially appeals to teens and people I love to (good naturedly) tease, but it is also one which I will rip to shreds when asked my "critical" opinion of it. To me, Taylor Swift could not be more equivalent.
I've got no issue with people who enjoy her music, but if that person happens to be a friend of mine, they better be prepared to be ripped on a bit. That's just what I do... but it's all in fun.
9 comments:
You know that she sounds absolutely hideous in person, right? Did you see her performance with Stevie Nicks, on the MTV awards, I think? If not, google that stuff.
It's ok... if you've been listening to her studio stuff, then you can't be blamed. It's catchy and they use that autotune technology to make it sound as though she can sing.
Have your fling, but soon... you need to go to rehab. Very soon. Before you're lost forever. ;)
LOL... she's the Twilight of the music world.
OMG! The Twilight of the music industry!
*snort*
*wheeze*
*cackle*
That's good stuff right there. Go ahead. Schedule my intervention now. BTW - did you see her on Crossroads on CMT? She was matched up with Def Leppard. Sweet mother of pearl. It was awful.
Y'all are baggin' on a good kid. I like her music (helps that I have girls that like to listen her) and I loved the Crossroads with Def Leppard (even bought it for Mike for Christmas). She donated $100,000 to the Red Cross for flooding in Iowa in 2008 and $500,000 recently to Nashville for their flood relief. I don't think you'll need rehab - just my two cents. I'm sure y'all will think I need an intervention.
I never said she was a bad person. Are we determining her talents by the good deeds she's performed? That doesn't make much sense. Did she deserve to be interrupted by that asshat Kanye when she was given that award? No. But should she get musical accolades because she donated to a few causes that other people have also contributed to? Not necessarily.
She seems like a good kid. But I don't know enough about her to vouch for her.
I haven't been exposed to her music much. I don't have girls. While we're on the subject, I'm not a big Miley Cyrus fan either. Nothing against her, just never hopped on that whole Hannah Montana thing.
I know you shouldn't judge someone's singing ability by the good deeds they do. I was just saying I didn't think it was a bad thing to admit you listened to her music. I will admit that Sonya and I watched Hannah Montana when it came out. I guess it does help when you have girls in the house - I don't see your boy's or Yoda's probably asking to watch HM, Wizards, or iCarly. I guess it goes to show how God knows what's best for us (you don't do the mushy/girlie drama and I don't think I could do the transformers. Please know I'm not baggin' on you - just didn't think you needed to be spanked. Mr. B may disagree but for a different reason!
He's all for the spanking machine.
Heh.
Yes, God knew what he was doing. Girls would have been the death of me.
I agree that her songs are catchy (even if they are predictable and sophomoric in my opinion, but given her age, that's forgivable) and that the studio recordings of them sound decent. However, I have watched her on numerous shows where the performances have been live and I stand by the fact that I think her singing is generally off key - significantly so.
The Stevie Nicks duet was painful and she took heavy criticism for it by people far more knowledgeable than myself.
As far as what type of humanitarian she is... of that I have no knowledge, nor any need to know in order to form an opinion about her singing, though I am glad to hear she is contributing. However, I have talked to two separate people (musicians) who have met her at various music festivals and mentioned that they thought she came across as an elitest, arrogant, spoiled brat. I can neither confirm nor deny their opinion, but again it's not relevant to my opinion of her music either way. I have no opinion of her as a person.
I stand by my comparison of her to Twilight... Twilight is a light, fluffy, entertaining read that especially appeals to teens and people I love to (good naturedly) tease, but it is also one which I will rip to shreds when asked my "critical" opinion of it. To me, Taylor Swift could not be more equivalent.
I've got no issue with people who enjoy her music, but if that person happens to be a friend of mine, they better be prepared to be ripped on a bit. That's just what I do... but it's all in fun.
Preach on Yoda.
Post a Comment