It doesn't happen often. But occasionally, I am right about a few things.
When do I love being right the most? When Mr. B is convinced he is and I am 99% sure that I am. It's like he is (I'm going to borrow this from my man Dane Cook) - - Mr. B is the Czar of Right and I'm just floating around in the Sea of Wrong. Usually, he is right. But this time - - *giggle* - - he wasn't.
We arrived at the t-ball field last night, him with our camera in tow. He snaps a few pictures and then when he went to review them - - no CF card. Kind of a rookie mistake. But, one that has happened to both of us. He was mad. Gripe, gripe, gripe. I knew it was directed at me, but was pretty sure it wasn't my fault this time. I asked him when the last time the camera was used. He told me it was for Justin's field trip. I mentally ran through last week and knew this was wrong. I used the camera on WEDNESDAY for the trip. I pulled the pictures off and put the card back into the camera. HE used the camera Thursday night for t-ball. Justin didn't play because he was sick. But David went anyway. I remember, because he wanted me to look at some of the pictures he took. I didn't force the issue at the time. No point. Instead, I just savored in my soon to come victory. I did ask him if he was looking for some sort of confession of wrong doing or something. No - - he just wanted to make sure we hadn't lost the card. (Big fat chance. But whatever.)
I knew exactly where it was. I knew he was the last to use it.
The funny part - - when we got home, I asked him if he found the card yet. Yes, he did. He still tried to claim no fault. When he realized I had him backed into a corner and had proof that he was wrong, he just kind of grinned.
Small mental victory for me. But a victory nonetheless. He can now return to his Czar of Right position and I'll wait patiently for my next opportunity to dethrone him.
Floating along in the Sea of Wrong,
B
2 comments:
I love this post.
LOL! My husband's favorite quote is "You can be right or you can be happy"....I have trained him properly. :)
Post a Comment