Tuesday, January 27

No school tomorrow.

*sigh*

If the school district starts at 10:00 or later, our preschool is closed for the day. Dang it. I had a hair appointment and everything. I got right on the phone and as luck would have it, I was able to re-schedule for Friday afternoon. That was nothing short of a miracle. Whew. We leave Saturday morning. I *cannot* have my hair touching my ears at the Spurs game.

Mr. B made our hotel reservations today. I've never stayed at this place, but it looks pretty awesome. It's the Hotel Valencia on the Riverwalk. I'm always bugging him about wanting to stay down there. It's closer to the AT&T Center and - - it's on the Riverwalk. Hello... I looked at their website and it looks like a pretty fabulous place. I'm trying to talk him into taking me Friday and squeeze an extra day out of a lovely hotel. I love staying at hotels with Mr. B. *wink, wink*

I have a trick or two up my sleeve that he knows nothing about. I can't divulge anything right now. I never know when he's going to read my blog. (He rarely does, but still.) It's going to be awesome, nonetheless. I have a feeling I will get the "Wife of the Year" award for this one. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And don't guess or anything here. I don't want him to see it. So - - shhhhhh on the whole surprise thing. I don't want to spring it on him, or even hint that I have a surprise, until it happens. If you know me well at all, you know that I have a terrible time keeping surprises. I want to tell him so bad. But no. I shall reveal it to him in due time. And it's gonna rock.

I'm cooking chili tonight. It's been on the stove for most of the day. It is a total chili day. So cold! Shorts last week and freezing rain today. Go figure.

*smooches*

5 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad our school doesn't start until 10:00 am, we can sleep a little later.

Laura said...

Sam and I stayed at Hotel Valencia last summer and it was wonderful! Are you taking the boys? I'm glad it was just us because Thomas and Will would've had that place in shambles in less than 30 seconds. Definately not the LaQuinta they are used to staying in!

Ashley said...

What a fun weekend! I so wish I could pull off the Kate look on Jon and Kate Plus 8. I LOVE her hair. But if Jim is fighting me on the length I want it, there is NO way he'll let me go that short. Haha! Hope your chili was good. :) Send me your recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hi - Yummers...Chili -

Can you post your recipe?

I found your blog from clicking around

~B said...

Laura - no boys. Just David and I. I can't wait. I really wish we had an extra night there!

Ash - good luck with the hair thing! You'll look adorable either way!

Ash & Anon/L - My chili recipe is very simple. I just brown either ground turkey or beef. About a pound. Drain and rinse. Add a mild (I'm a wimp) chili seasoning packet, about 8 ounces of tomato sauce (it calls for two cans, but with the reflux thing, I tone down the tomato products) and then two cans of pinto beans. You cannot over cook it. Bring it to a boil and then simmer as long as you want, stirring occasionally. I've mixed it all up before and then dumped it in the crockpot. It will make your house smell oh so fabulous!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...