Only two more sleeps until Mr. B and I leave for our weekend get-a-way. That's right. I talked him into Friday night, too. Now I am uber-pumped.
Susan rocks. Totally rocks. She agreed to keep the boys an extra night.
Yes, yes, YES!
I totally spilled the beans to David about the "surprise."
Here it is - - I contacted the AT&T Center and told them I wanted to do something special for my husband at the game. Long story short, we are getting two wristbands that will allow us to go down to the railing where they come out. We won't get to stay there the whole game, but we will be able to watch them warm up (from *right* there) and possibly get a autograph or two. How freakin' cool is that? To some of you non-sporties, that might seem really lame. But to these two Spurs fans - - it is phawesome (aka phenomenally awesome, Yoda coined that phrase one night scrapping while on muscle relaxers - - another story for another day.) Anyway, I couldn't keep it a secret. I wanted him to look forward to it like I was.
He was really excited. I think he was shocked. That's right - - I rock. And so does the lady from customer relations at the AT&T Center.
We are leaving Friday morning.
I. Can't. Wait.
Go Spurs, Go!!
7 comments:
How exciting for ya'll!
I bet Heather is insanely jealous!
I have the books in my car...are you ready for some Karen Kingsbury reading?
I knew you wouldn't keep it a secret.
Oh, how cool! You are a super wife! It's much more fun looking forward to it together! Have a great time!
Very cool Becky! Ya'll have a great time and what a sweet friend to watch your kids for a few nights!
So did the AT&T lady just give them to you or do you have to pay for things like that? How exciting!!!
LOL... ah, B. I held a tiny hope you would be able to pull off the secret. I knew you'd find a reason to tell him though. Hope you guys have a *fabulous* time. You have the respect of Mr. Yoda. He thinks that was an awesome maneuver... his birthday is today and I have nothing even remotely as cool. You'ew making me look bad, friend. ;)
Have a blasty blast!
Yes, she just gave them to me. She is going to have the wrist bands waiting for us at Guest Services. I e-mailed her and told her that I was a stay at home mom and didn't have money separate from my husband. I told her that I wanted to do something special for him without him knowing about it. (He watches our Discover statement like a hawk!) This was her solution. It was so generous of them. It never hurts to ask, huh? She said she thought it was sweet that I wanted to make his birthday extra special.
Happy Birthday Mr. Yoda! I posted an entry entirely for you.
I won't lie - - I will totally get something out of this, too. I wouldn't say that my motives were selfish. But - - we'll both love it. And - - is is *our* birthday trip. So...
One more sleep!!
Post a Comment